The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
1272 Clones
Old 14th October 2002
Gear Maniac

🎧 15 years
Hey thrillfactor...sounds like you got an early unit...why not give Dallas a call and see what he can do for you? He seems like an extremely nice guy from when I spoke with him and said he could update older units to their latest mods although we were talking about the 1272...perhaps he could even take your x73's and make them closer to the new 473 units...

Nathen I expect a full report when you get your 473's in! I'm especially curious about how "essential" the eq is...if it really adds the "sumthing sumthing" then it might be call to insert on a bunch of digital tracks...and the price seems great...

I wonder what Pheonix has up their sleaves in the EQ department? And whatever happened to the GreatRiver 1073 EQ? But even when/if those come out I can't imagine anything beating this new Vintech pricewise except for maybe the OSA's but OSA haven't released there full range of pre's and eq's yet...

Old 15th October 2002
Gear Guru

7 Reviews written
🎧 15 years
Nice time to be an engineer huh etherize?
Old 15th October 2002
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Nice time to be an engineer huh etherize?

Perhaps if u got a stax of freakin cash$$$$$$$$$$

or

U have clients that can sing, play and or write half decent tunes......... now this is when its nice to engineer....... most of the other times its just to pay da bills or get that next bit of kit to get me closer to the gates of GEARSLUT HEAVEN!!!!!!!!

PEACE
Wiggy

Old 15th October 2002
Gear Guru

7 Reviews written
🎧 15 years
Yeah, but just think about the NEW gear situation in as soon ago as the very early 90's. No Great River, Soundelux, Royer, Daking, etc....it was either overly inflated vintage gear or "used" gear which from my observations that manufacturer's thought that monolithic IC transformerless designs were the hope of the future--blah:eek: !!
Old 1st September 2003
Gear Head

🎧 15 years
hi - the world is a funny place. If any of you guys can give me an actual example of something we have sold in the last 10 - 15 years with a lack of "build quality" ill kiss your butt. Yes, in 1985, we sometimes sold modules that were packaged in front panels that were too thin...; we also made power supplies for mics in 1977-80 that were less than perfectly reliable. i saw 3 of them at the plant yesterday, where they are still powering 2 49s and a 47. their "build quality" wasnt the problem nor was their functionability; it was the high voltage rectifier that kept blowing up... At that time, not only were we the ONLY consistant source for tube mics,pultecs,fairchilds,etc.. in this country, we were the ONLY people building ANY power supplies for mics. When we were using front panels to mount preamps that were thinner than they might have been, we were the ONLY source of Neve preamps ; in fact, it took me 6 years of preaching "outboard preamps" to sell my first pair of them...to one of my best friends,John Cuniberti , who did "surfin with the alien" with them...Grammy Nomination....he mounted them himself in a nice wooden box as i recall....and if ANY of you have gear from me that has a problem; I want to fix it for you.. period. dan alexander
📝 Reply