Wiggy
Old 8th August 2017 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiggy Neve Slut ➑️
And...... How far away is the 500 eq?

Wiggy
When we have the time to work on them, it gets closer all the time. We are still going to release them...but they have to be 80% of the real unit. 500 Series units with its limited current draw makes it harder to do, but it is almost there.
Old 8th August 2017
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Ok so in terms of a real ETA when are we looking at?
Old 8th August 2017 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Ok so in terms of a real ETA when are we looking at?

Soon, only not yet! Can't say yet Wiggy...
Old 8th August 2017
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Ha! The thing is that a PMI 'soon' seems to be a relatively indeterminate period of time, hence my interest!

Very keen to wait until it's right as I feel I need this bad boy in my rack.
Old 9th August 2017 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Ha! The thing is that a PMI 'soon' seems to be a relatively indeterminate period of time, hence my interest!

Very keen to wait until it's right as I feel I need this bad boy in my rack.
Yeah, we are definitely slow on new things....but when the surf is up here in Los Angeles, the designers tend to hit the waves!!!
Old 10th August 2017 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
500 series Trident? Doesn't the Trident run on a 48V rail? I'm not an electrical engineer, 30+ volts of conversion seems problematic to me. Please explain if I'm wrong.
Old 10th August 2017 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjblair ➑️
500 series Trident? Doesn't the Trident run on a 48V rail? I'm not an electrical engineer, 30+ volts of conversion seems problematic to me. Please explain if I'm wrong.
The current A-Range 19" rack runs on 24V and 48V.

Using doublers and other circuitry to get a specific voltage is really a non issue. It's current that matters. This affects headroom, dynamic range, transients and some other variables...

The 500 Series doe have some limitations, but the 500 Series A-Range does have the A-Range character, which is what most are looking for. So in the end, we will accomplish this because it is not going out without my ears telling me it is right, as well as a few professional's I trust in Los Angeles to tell me it's right.

It just takes some time to get as good as it can be, based on the platform it has to work in.
Old 16th October 2017
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
Hey guys, just for infos, we finally book a session with Flemming Rasmussen at sweet silence studios (Copenhagen). Theses channels are damn good and the new sweet silence studios are a really good place. with a lot more gear that what you could find written on the internet !

cheers
Old 30th October 2017 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingtao ➑️
Hey guys, just for infos, we finally book a session with Flemming Rasmussen at sweet silence studios (Copenhagen). Theses channels are damn good and the new sweet silence studios are a really good place. with a lot more gear that what you could find written on the internet !

cheers
Flemmings Studio is very nice indeed....A Ranges are sweet!
Old 13th January 2018
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
The Trident 500 Series A-Range EQ is in stock and shipping. First production of 100 are almost sold out. Get your orders in now if you want any... $849.99 for a mono double wide module.
Old 13th January 2018
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Hi Alan,

Did any make it to uk? If so who has these?

Cheers
Wiggy
Old 13th January 2018 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Hi Alan,

Did any make it to uk? If so who has these?

Cheers
Wiggy
So far all USA, and we only just announced them, so next week, an email and some calls will go out. I suspect KMR and perhaps Funky Junk will order them, and maybe Giraffe Pro Audio as well, but we will see.
Old 13th January 2018
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Where are they in the US? I haven't searched everywhere, but I can't seem to find them at all. Not on the Trident site, not at Vintage King, or several other dealers.
Old 13th January 2018 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbshearer ➑️
Where are they in the US? I haven't searched everywhere, but I can't seem to find them at all. Not on the Trident site, not at Vintage King, or several other dealers.
The official announcement will be at NAMM. We will see what dealers interest will be. For now, we are taking direct orders, and when we get orders from dealers, then they will have them.
Old 14th January 2018 | Show parent
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
A-Range Console... FS?

Folks. I might wish to sell my 36 channel A-Range this year. Still sorting out ideas.
If you have any ideas, let me know!

Former Cherokee console, in good nick!
Old 28th February 2018 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
We are shipping the next 20 units March 4th. More Sowter Transformers are coming, but we will ship these 20 to the first buyers who want them...

So if you want one or a pair now, call Justin at 310-323-9050 or email him at [email protected] to secure them.

I expect these 20 to go very fast....
πŸ“ Reply