Quantcast
Mixdream vs Dangerous LT (But this time its different) - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Mixdream vs Dangerous LT (But this time its different)
Old 23rd January 2013
Lives for gear

๐ŸŽง 15 years
Mixdream vs Dangerous LT (But this time its different)

I know these 2 units have been discussed to death but I have a different approach to the question. Would you get more bang for the buck using a SPL mixdream with only 16 channels (60volt rails and Tranny on the output) or 2 Dangerous 2bus LT's for with 32 channels? I am thinking that being able to send more individual channels would garner better definition and better stereo placement in the mix. Am I wrong? I am asking this because the prices are close for both setups.
Old 23rd January 2013
Lives for gear

๐ŸŽง 15 years
Good question. would like to know too.
Old 24th January 2013
Lives for gear

They are two completely different pieces. The Dangerous has no sound but provides you with analog summing in its clearest form. Nothing overly amazing with the newest nicer DAWs out there IMHO, whereas the MixDream has a sound to it and a lot more flexibility (adding outboard gear into the equation, etc.).

Now if you're talking about a MixDream XP vs. the Dangerous, the MixDream XP was really designed to expand the MixDream, not as a standalone summing solution.

There are very few analog summing systems out there that really do much of anything serious to the end result, at least in my direct experience with quite a few of them, however the MixDream definitely does, as does the SSL X-Rack (which is more of a summing mixer and a whole lot more expensive).

Hope that helps!
๐Ÿ“ Reply