The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Recommend a studio mix room in London?
Old 21st January 2013
Gear Nut

2 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Recommend a studio mix room in London?

Hi
I am looking to rent a mix room in London for a couple of days to finish some mixes.
I do everything in the box so what I am looking for is:

A great sounding mix room with a good selection of monitors and that is really well treated. I do not want or need outboard. Just really good monitoring and acoustics.

I have done all the mix preparation and the tracks are all ballpark I just want to go somewhere good to finish the job as I am always moving around so I don't treating my room etc. is just never gonna happen.

Any recommendations appreciated.

Thanks
GEoff
Old 22nd January 2013
Gear Addict

1 Review written
🎧 15 years
Totally depends what your budget is!

In terms of studios that have great monitoring, my favourites are Metropolis Studios B, C or E. Hugh Padgham's Sofa Sound studio is also excellent (book through the Miloco website). Sphere Studio 2 is also great.

All pretty high-end in terms of price, but cheaper studios tend not to have great monitoring, in my humble experience.
Old 23rd January 2013

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by aidyhall ➡️
Totally depends what your budget is!

In terms of studios that have great monitoring, my favourites are Metropolis Studios B, C or E. Hugh Padgham's Sofa Sound studio is also excellent (book through the Miloco website). Sphere Studio 2 is also great.

All pretty high-end in terms of price, but cheaper studios tend not to have great monitoring, in my humble experience.
+1.

Miloco's engine room has the best monitoring of any studio I've used regularly, but it's a full ssl room. IMO there's few studios with amazing monitoring that don't also have a great outboard/desk setup.

Nothing says you have to use it of course, but you'll pay for it nonetheless.

Can't think of an ITB space with comparable monitoring.
📝 Reply