Quantcast
Offered to buy AMEK Pure path - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Offered to buy AMEK Pure path
Old 18th January 2013
Here for the gear

🎧 10 years
Offered to buy AMEK Pure path

Long story short my friend is having some financial problems and has offered me to buy his AMEK Purepath. We're good friends, and I'm just happy to help a friend in need.

He's asking $450 for the channelstrip.

I have no idea what it's worth. But I have a gut feeling that it's a good price. And if I don't find any use for it, I can easily just sell it and make some money.

Should I go for it? I have the money. But really no use for a preamp. I'm 100% ITB as of now.
Old 18th January 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
If your talking about the amik Channel In A Box its probably worth about double, if not more.

Moral question: if its your friend who is in trouble, should you help him get him the most out of it, if you have no use for it?
Old 18th January 2013
Here for the gear

🎧 10 years
It's this one http://www.digitalprosound.com/Image...mekCIB_750.jpg

He was about to put it up on craigslist, but told me that i could have it for 450 if i payed him upfront. I don't see any moral dilemma since i wouldn't be interested if he asked a higher price.

Have in mind that the market for studio hardware in Sweden isn't what it is in the US.

So, you think i should go for it?
Old 18th January 2013
Lives for gear

2 Reviews written
🎧 15 years
Well, it's worth a hell of a lot more.
I'd help your friend out by passing and letting him sell it for the $1500 upwards they go for on ebay.
If he really insists you can have it for that, great deal but do mention that it's worth 3 times that or your friendship might be tested.
Old 18th January 2013
Lives for gear

3 Reviews written
🎧 15 years
At $450 this would be considered a true bargain. This channel strip is great, designed by Rupert Neve. It features one of the best 4 band EQ's, a great preamp and a really nice compressor. The filters are also great.

I'll would take 10 at that price. I say help your friend out, but do tell him it's worth more. In the UK these sell for £1000 plus in the used market.
Old 18th January 2013
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
If its a good friend you could offer to take it off his hands with the option for him to buy it back come better times. We´ve done it a couple times in our circle and its a good feeling to know the good stuff stays in the family. If after 1 or 2 years he does not want it back you could sell it. If he´s a really good friend you could share the profit you made. Everybody wins
Old 18th January 2013
Lives for gear

3 Reviews written
🎧 15 years
CIB is great tool with Rupert Neve pedigree. Worth in my book at least 1000$ for well maintained, working unit. Price of new was almost double of that. Great EQ.
Old 19th January 2013
Here for the gear

🎧 10 years
I'm telling you guys, the world would be a better place if it were a bit more like GS!

Of course I'm not planning on screwing my friend over.

Anyways i bought the channel strip. Does this officially make me a gearslut?
Old 19th January 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
$3250 brand new so you got an absolute bargain.

Have in mind that the market for studio hardware in Sweden isn't what it is in the US.

Yet you have some classic hardware manufacturers like TK audio, Lindell.

Is everyone there ITB or what.

Cheers
Old 19th January 2013 | Show parent
Here for the gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickknack ➡️

Cheers
Well, the U.S. have 315 million people living there. Sweden has 9. Maybe our gearslut-per-capita is higher, but the market is not big.
Old 19th January 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Did I forget to mention Clavia, Elektron, Toontrack, Propellorheads.

I can't think of any more at the moment but Sweden definitely has a good range of both SW and HW manufacturers.

Cheers
Old 19th January 2013 | Show parent
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickknack ➡️

Cheers
They range from a low of around 1,200.00 to a high of $2,500.00 on the bay.
You got a great deal on an under appreciated unit, sounds good on toms, bass gtr, el gtr, percussion, etc.. Very usable. Exercise all the switches and pots, and at some point you may have to relube them as it runs very hot [leave a space above!]. If it starts misbehaving try the switches and pots, the 48v and mic switches and the eq pots can get dirty and make the unit wonky.

Happy Recording! [and don't screw your friends- or anyone !]

best-
Jonathan
Old 19th January 2013
Gear Addict

🎧 5 years
450 is a steal
Pure Path is one of the best Equalizers ever, pre amp is great
well worth 1500 atleast
Old 20th January 2013
Lives for gear

1 Review written