The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Lexicon PCM ## Andy Wallace Trick
Old 12th May 2015 | Show parent

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by aramism ➡️
well if he never heard about it why did he mention it in a previous video?

look at 2:45 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=578iblW3SMI
Previous video? That's from when we attended and he's making fun of the supposed "trick" (after we explained it to him). As he says in the video he uses the PCM's for delay like everybody else.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oroz ➡️
Previous video? That's from when we attended and he's making fun of the supposed "trick" (after we explained it to him). As he says in the video he uses the PCM's for delay like everybody else.
oh sorry i didn't realize that you were at this one i thought maybe a newer one. ok my bad...

interesting, so i guess you just killed this whole rumor haha there's no such trick after all!

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by aramism ➡️
interesting, so i guess you just killed this whole rumor haha there's no such trick after all!
Oops! sorry. It was such an eye opener to me. No trickery or magic invloved, just good taste and the ability to mix. I think it's fare to share it.

Best regards.
Old 2nd November 2020 | Show parent
Here for the gear

Lexicon delay 1300s Digital audio delay

https://www.worthpoint.com/worthoped...udio-427451864

Quote:
real difference between this unit and a PCM 42 is that it can't perform multiple repeats. So the Andy Wallace trick can be performed with a 1300s with the same result. For those not in the know the Andy Wallace trick is a way of thickening up guitar sounds. You can get massive guitar sounds by delaying the signal, overdriving the the unit and compressing with the built in compressor -

"Actually a lot of the grain comes from the built in overload compressor in the PCM42.The harder you drive it the more it bites down.That's one way to get those biting AW electric guitar sounds. If you put in on insert on one side of an electric guitar pair with almost no delay and you turn up the input but turn down the output you get this ridiculous big in your face guitar sound. Same goes on a lead vocal." Andy Wallace
Did Someone try this!?
📝 Reply