Quantcast
Trouble finding eq for tracking - Page 2 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Trouble finding eq for tracking
Old 30th September 2012 | Show parent

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by 127Riot ➡️
Thanks!!! Just tracked vocals with it. AMAZING. Also reamped guitar and bass through it, There is something about the low end, its hard to describe. It just ends up perfect in the mix. Its every bit as good as my vintage 550's and I love my 550's.
I've found the E27's to be better all around units than vintage 550's. The E27 was the first 500 series EQ module with both input and output transformers. And, it allows it to accept a much wider variety of sources. Whereas, the old 550's can can be picky due to to their unbalanced inputs. Anyone who has tried to use them as hardware inserts with their DAW knows this all too well.
Old 30th September 2012 | Show parent
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Gris ➡️
I eq by choosing different mic' s and mic position and track with a compressor
Sounds good to me.

Mychal
Old 1st October 2012 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Agreed

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyBelmont ➡️
I've found the E27's to be better all around units than vintage 550's. The E27 was the first 500 series EQ module with both input and output transformers. And, it allows it to accept a much wider variety of sources. Whereas, the old 550's can can be picky due to to their unbalanced inputs. Anyone who has tried to use them as hardware inserts with their DAW knows this all too well.
I would agree that the E27 does hit the spot quicker and when you found it, there is no need to try a different eq because the e27 is already sitting perfect. Yes, overall I can see why the E27 would be more use full in an all around scenario. I do love the weight of the 550 but either one will do the job. It’s best just to have both.
Old 2nd October 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
For vocals,I LOVE my vintage Lang PEQ 2s
Very smooth and "Pultec-ish"
Also great for bass and kick.
Old 2nd October 2012 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
I WANT!!!

I Have the Vintage 550's & the E-27, Now I want the A-Designs EM-PEQ.
Attached Thumbnails
Trouble finding eq for tracking-em-peq.jpg  
Old 4th October 2012 | Show parent
500 series nutjob

🎧 15 years
some very nice EQs out, if you feel the need for a E27 then find one: )~

Quote:
Originally Posted by u b k ➡️
Have you ever actually used an e27? You seem hell bent on it being the holy grail, curious how you came to that conclusion.

In my experience, no tool sounds like any other tool, so if your heart is set on that one then you might need to just bite the bullet. $1700 for one channel of 500 eq... it better wash the friggin' dishes too.

I can only hope this is part of a-designs fiendish strategy to crank up desire and demand for their soon-to-be-reissued e27. In fact, it may be time to, ahh, discontinue the clariphonic for a while...

Gregory Scott - ubk
LOL

Good one Greg!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixing Suite ➡️
IMO neither Purple eq's did anything for me, GR Harrisons Hi and Lo pass filters are great but a bit touchy, and the eq is ok but a pain in the ass to recall. Electrodyne 511's are very cool but not all rounded and certainly not tracking eq's in my opinion. I found Phoenix to be build like **** and sound similar. Maag is also great but the designer himself mentions in his product video that this is a sweetening eq. I would look into something with an adjustable Q slope that can get very tight. Mine is the IC EQP2, nothing I can't do with them. I also have a pair of StepEQ's that are fantastic for mixing but I never have the erg to reach for them during tracking. As for the e27's, I have fallen into the hype and own 20 e27's.
Personally I love the the Electrodyne 511's for tracking!
Simple sweet fast easy great!
I also own love and regularly use the Great River Harrisons 32eq's the rock!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 127Riot ➡️
I Have the Vintage 550's & the E-27, Now I want the A-Designs EM-PEQ.
i am a hugh fan of the A-Designs EMP-EQ but I think the API 550A or 550B would be a couple great choices.
Old 9th October 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
You may try the Lindell Pultec type EQ if you can get one. Heard the demo and it sounds very nice but have not had the opportunity to hear one in person.
Old 11th October 2012
Gear Addict

🎧 5 years
+1 on the api 550a/550b for tracking. Maybe their worth a second look.

They sound great on di bass and electric guitar imho.. that being said, alot of engineers nowadays tell me they prefer to track without eq

Sent from my Droid
📝 Reply