Adam s3x-V - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Adam s3x-V
Old 15th September 2012
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
Adam s3x-V

Hi evrybody,
I am a 24 Year Old Producer from Germany, so i apologize for my englisch . I am about to get myself a pair of the s3x-v. But there is One problem. I can hardly find Information about them. For example User opinions, magazine Reviews etc.... So i was wondering if there are some sx3-v User Out there. I am going to use them for mixing And Mastering of EDM. So a Good low end is really important. On the Internet ist says that they go to 32 Hz. Is that True? Or is it some Kind of Marketing trick. Further i want to know how they compare to o300 And the s3x-h?

Thanks in advance
Old 16th September 2012
Here for the gear

🎧 10 years
Hi xiouser

I use those speakers for 6 months by now, and i came from the old s3a.
I don't think this monitors go so low, maybe 40 Hz( for this purpose i own a good genelec sub..for the First octave.) but the precision on mid frequency is stunning and hf is very good as the s3a...this speakers translates very well... No Bad surprises....

Alex
Old 16th September 2012
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
I have the S3X-v, s2, Genelec 8040, Yamaha MSP10, KRK10 & my friend have S3X-h

S3x-v is amazing, clear, accurate, tight low end but clear, you can use it for long time

& if something good on it that mean it will fantastic in every speakers
You will not diappointed, for me mixing no need for sub

I feel th S2 more hi-mid but bad low ( if you do your best on it you will smile when you hear the mix out of studio )

I am never go wrong if I use both s2& s3x
Old 16th September 2012
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
That Sounds Good so far . I really was a Bit confused because it seems that everybody is just Talking about the H' s. They are getting all the Love :D.
Old 16th September 2012
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
By the Way. Is there a frequency response sheet Out there? Cant find one
Old 16th September 2012 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiouser ➑️
By the Way. Is there a frequency response sheet Out there? Cant find one
It's all gonna be useless, frequency plots have smoothing applied and the manufacturers rarely provides 3D directivity plots. Monitors are like women, you have to find the right one, others' opinion, doesn't really matter. Get them, try them and decide for yourself.
Old 17th September 2012 | Show parent
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciozzi ➑️
It's all gonna be useless, frequency plots have smoothing applied and the manufacturers rarely provides 3D directivity plots. Monitors are like women, you have to find the right one, others' opinion, doesn't really matter. Get them, try them and decide for yourself.
Yeah I know that this is the point. To decide by msyelf. Anyway i like to inform myself before purchasing and i really like to hear how other people think about them. Wondering why nearly everybody is talking about the H....
Old 17th September 2012
Old 23rd September 2012
Gear Head

🎧 5 years
I have S3X-V for about 2 months.. and I'm extremely happy overall!! That said, they don't have the biggest bass on earth...(I have the lows >150hz boosted by 1.5db and 80hz bosted too by 1db and it's very good now) I assume the H version has more bass but I've never heard them.. I'm not a big fan of monitors with frequency bands overlapped and reproduced twice (by two woofers). I was comparing it to KH o300, some Genelecs (forgot the names), S3A, S2X, A7X, A77X and liked the S3X-V most by a BIG margin; Klein and Hummel sounds good but so unsexy.. it's pretty precise but doesn't have a half of midrange depth and clarity of S3X-V.. I assume the H version will have more bass (same goes to A77X versus A7X or A8X - A77X have tons of bass - in my opinion too much).. I've heard opinions that S3X-H has less defined stereo imaging (it's all sensible since in S3X-V You have three sound sources alligned vertically instead of four spread all over the speaker in S3X-H.. and doubling low frequency response in two speakers..which has to smear the soundstage a little especially in small rooms where You sit closer to the speaker).. also the V version is considerably cheaper.. anyway.. great investment for me.. my mixes improved so much from the first day with these monitors.. My previous Yamahas Hs80m are now in my house.. for watching movies only.. and checking mixes from time to time.. they wouldn't be of any use in the studio any more
πŸ“ Reply