Quantcast
CRANESONG STC 8 vs PORTICO II MASTER BUSS COMP - Page 4 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
CRANESONG STC 8 vs PORTICO II MASTER BUSS COMP
Old 15th April 2021
  #91
Lives for gear
 
augustusarnone's Avatar
Since when does everyone have to agree on which tool is better? It's not like either is being compared to an Alesis comp or something, at the level of gear like this no one tool is just 'better.'
Old 16th April 2021 | Show parent
  #92
Gear Nut
 
coso's Avatar
 
🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by augustusarnone ➡️
Since when does everyone have to agree on which tool is better?
I don't think anyone is suggesting we have to agree, we're just being asked to express our opinions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by augustusarnone ➡️
at the level of gear like this no one tool is just 'better.'
In this context I disagree - I can't think of one situation where I would choose the STC-8 over the MBP.

Old 16th April 2021 | Show parent
  #93
Lives for gear
 
augustusarnone's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by coso ➡️
I don't think anyone is suggesting we have to agree, we're just being asked to express our opinions.



In this context I disagree - I can't think of one situation where I would choose the STC-8 over the MBP.

I don't have skin in this game because I'm happy with the compressors I have and decided not to get either. But you basically told another very experienced mastering engineer that his post was suspect because he prefers the STC8, as if everyone in the world empirically should agree the MBP is better. That is about as suspect a position as is possible to take on a forum.
Old 17th April 2021 | Show parent
  #94
Gear Nut
 
coso's Avatar
 
🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by augustusarnone ➡️
you basically told another very experienced mastering engineer that his post was suspect because he prefers the STC8
Are you confused?

I told Alécio Costa that the post above his seemed suspect because a) it was Norcal_mastering's sole contribution to GS and b) the post was adamant that the STC-8 is "better at gluing" than the MBP. It is an understatement to say that this does not tally with my experience.

I can find no evidence of Norcal_mastering's expertise.

And bizarre that you are so keen to defend his right to a strong opinion while attempting to censor mine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by augustusarnone ➡️
as if everyone in the world empirically should agree the MBP is better
You have imagined this. I deliberately described "my experience".

Anyway, thanks for derailing a thread about two compressors you haven't used.

📝 Reply

Similar Threads

Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post
replies: 70 views: 12651
Avatar for OTRM
OTRM 5th April 2021
replies: 1712 views: 354040
Avatar for whitechocolate
whitechocolate 1 day ago
replies: 5663 views: 588501
Avatar for BradM
BradM 4 hours ago
replies: 123 views: 25619
Avatar for augustin187
augustin187 24th August 2021
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…

Forum Jump
Forum Jump