Quantcast
George Massenburg - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
George Massenburg
Old 19th May 2006
Gear Maniac

🎧 15 years
George Massenburg

Wednesday I got the chance to listen to what a man like George Massenburg has to say at Amptec in Belgium. In fact, George came to talk about and sell his products but instead of that he talked about everything good and bad about making music in the last 50 years. There were only 20 people so we had a chance to ask questions and discuss. Days like these make you realise that you just don't know anything and only make you try harder. One of the best days of my life, thanks George!
Old 19th May 2006
Gear Addict

🎧 15 years
Don't feel too bad. It's not that you don't know much, it's that George knows SO MUCH! That guy is a walking reference on so many topics. I don't think he really sleeps...
Old 19th May 2006 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Agreed. George is a walking encyclopedia.

After having breakfast with George and Dave Hill in New Orleans last year, I was convinced I should don a dunce cap and sit in a corner for the rest of my career.

The words "not worthy" come to mind. Needless to say, any verbal contributions on my part were not required.
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Gear Guru
George is a rare duck in these days of "equipment operators".

I used to find him at AES eating lunch so I'd introduce myself and join him. Topics mostly were about circuits and components, great to have someone else to relate to on a technical level. Somehow discussions never got to the usual operations of recording, the technical talk was so much more interesting, from both our perspectives. The folks around us would get lost real fast so they would either lose interest or just sit there watching the give and take about stuff they knew nothing about.

I'd love to see an AES workshop on circuit design with him as moderator.

Jim Williams
Audio Upgrades
Gear Addict

🎧 15 years
What a great oportunity ! I really love his recording, mixing and production work. Nothing less than stunning As well as, of course, his GML equipment line, which is brilliant. I´d be interesting to hear him talk about pretty much everything...

Bill
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…