Quantcast
How much for an LA3A? - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
How much for an LA3A?
Old 16th May 2006
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
How much for an LA3A?

What is a fair price to pay for a single LA3A and are there certain years and models to stay away from?
Old 17th May 2006
Led
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Should be able to get a good one for around 1200, although they have gone up a bit as of late. The Teletronix ones are older and a bit more. To be honest I've A/B'd both and they sound similar to me, but it depends on the individual unit. Check to see if it's had the opto unit replaced in recent years as that affects the sound the most in my opinion. They totally rock and you will never regret getting one, and soon you will want more.
Old 17th May 2006 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Led
Should be able to get a good one for around 1200, although they have gone up a bit as of late. The Teletronix ones are older and a bit more. To be honest I've A/B'd both and they sound similar to me, but it depends on the individual unit. Check to see if it's had the opto unit replaced in recent years as that affects the sound the most in my opinion. They totally rock and you will never regret getting one, and soon you will want more.
Hi Led

Thanx for the help. Is it good or bad if the opto unit has been replaced?

Jason
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Led
I didn't think that LA-3A's were ever badged "Teletronix," but I could be wrong. I thought they were only Urei's, not counting the new UA ones of course.
Gear Maniac

🎧 15 years
i've got a pair of la3a's branded with urei and teletronics, and they sound fantastic.
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by rowdy finn
i've got a pair of la3a's branded with urei and teletronics, and they sound fantastic.
Right, but not just "Teletronix," which was my point that I didn't convey all that well. My bad...
Old 18th May 2006 | Show parent
Motown legend

🎧 15 years
I have one of each, my first was among the first hundred.

I bought the second a couple years later in order to use both as a stereo pair. They are as identical as any other pair because each of the optical elements lives in its own world.
πŸ“ Reply