Quantcast
My avocet is here - strange things... - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
My avocet is here - strange things...
Old 8th May 2006
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
My avocet is here - strange things...

I got my avocet today. Powered it up and listened to some music through media player, started nuendo and not a sound. hmm, turned the volume knob but the realys didn't klick at all, restarted it and the computer and now I can't hear a thing.

Then: http://www.best-before-end.com/ download the avocet.mp4, bad quality I used my mobile phone but you'll get it I think.

If I touched the right side of the remote it suddenly works, if I remove my hand it don't.

ok, I got a faulty avocet, to bad. but then I checked the manual and thought that the reset might be worth trying before sendning it back. Now it works perfect.

so to sum things up. The avocet works for 15 minutes, then it doesn't, the when I gently touch the remote it will... and the reset worked. strange.
Old 8th May 2006
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Are you working at sampling rates higher than 48K?

I've had mine for a while now and had zero problems until last week when I started working on 96K and 88.2K sessions. I didn't have the 'hand' thing you did, but it would sometimes freak out and not pass audio, or pass distorted audio through one side. The reset fixed it, and it only happened twice, but kinda odd.
Old 8th May 2006 | Show parent
Here for the gear

🎧 15 years
Well, I use my Avocet regularly @ 96K with no problems at all. I have one of the first Avocets, so maybe thats a problem with the newer revisions. I´d contact Cranesong about it and see what they think.

Nico
Old 9th May 2006 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by nhaerdtner
Well, I use my Avocet regularly @ 96K with no problems at all. I have one of the first Avocets, so maybe thats a problem with the newer revisions. I´d contact Cranesong about it and see what they think.

Nico
Mine is the 1st run too. The only change I did was that non-latch talkback chip. I've been trying to recreate the distortion problem so I could record a snippet and send it in. Rebooting these things takes all but 5 seconds, so it's nota big deal to me considering I've only run into it a few times.
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
been running mine at 96k for a couple weeks now (it's new, but appears to be built in june of 2005 I believe) without trouble
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
reminds me of the man with the radio in his nose from monty python.
Old 10th May 2006 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by e-cue
Are you working at sampling rates higher than 48K?
Nope, only 44,1K. But now it works prefect again. strange.

some questions for you avocetters.

What do you think of the da? compared to my rosetta200 my first thought was it was a bit muddy but now I'm starting to really like it.

The dsub connector, is that a ordinary dsub or is it something I have to think of?

Talkback microphone? any suggestions?

/P
📝 Reply