Placed an order earlier this week, hope to have them in a week or so
Old 8th July 2011 | Show parent
Me2
Gear Head

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Willett ➡️
Probably because some people still have stock of the O110.

Also the O110D is still current until the KH120D is released.

Posted via the Gearslutz iPhone app
Front End Audio are listing the KH 120 D at the same price point as the KH 120 A!
With stock expected 29/Aug/2011

Front End Audio | Your Ultimate Pro Audio Dealer | 888-228-4530

Is this a mistake or are the 120 D's now finally shipping too?
And at the same price? Seems like a no brainer.
Old 9th July 2011 | Show parent
Jai guru deva om

🎧 15 years
I know these Neumann KH 120 came about 3 months after they initially said we'd have them (we've been listening to them all week), last I spoke with the rep as far as Neumann branded speakers, it could be many many months so I would not think anything is just around the corner. These speakers are barely touching shelves now...

War
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by warhead ➡️
I know these Neumann KH 120 came about 3 months after they initially said we'd have them (we've been listening to them all week), last I spoke with the rep as far as Neumann branded speakers, it could be many many months so I would not think anything is just around the corner. These speakers are barely touching shelves now...

War
crap!!
Gear Guru

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Me2 ➡️
Front End Audio are listing the KH 120 D at the same price point as the KH 120 A!
With stock expected 29/Aug/2011

Front End Audio | Your Ultimate Pro Audio Dealer | 888-228-4530

Is this a mistake or are the 120 D's now finally shipping too?
And at the same price? Seems like a no brainer.
They got something wrong there - I don't expect to see the D version this year - and - the price will certainly be more as there will be a remote level control when using the digital input.
Me2
Gear Head

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
They got something wrong there - I don't expect to see the D version this year - and - the price will certainly be more as there will be a remote level control when using the digital input.
Hmmm seems like some "creative advertising" or wishful thinking then. I've dropped them a line to see if they have more info.
Lives for gear

13 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
The D is up on Neumann's site though:

Georg Neumann GmbH - Professional Monitoring
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Yeah, but go back one page to this:

Georg Neumann GmbH - Professional Monitoring

Look for the KH 120 D -- it says "Product available soon"
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
I heard the Neumanns a few weeks ago. I didn’t like them at all. I remember them being really (REALLY) grainy in the midrange.
Lives for gear

5 Reviews written
🎧 15 years
I am looking forward to hearing these monitors. I am a KH fan and user and this new model looks great.

I don't see how those saying that the name switch is "hype" have any validity.

Neumann is a great company. YOu have to buy a real Neumann mic to understand that though. (not a TLM 102!) MOst commenting here won't spend the money.
Old 10th July 2011 | Show parent
Gear Guru

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMegaEli ➡️
I heard the Neumanns a few weeks ago. I didn’t like them at all. I remember them being really (REALLY) grainy in the midrange.
Interesting - as 99% of comments I read about these monitors rate them extremely highly.

Were they just showing up deficiencies elsewhere in the system?

I had a conversation a while ago with Sean Davis about a studio that seemed to have nasty sound problems when it was being commissioned - after lots of investigation it turned out that the studio was perfect and was just showing up deficiencies in the recordings that had not been revealed by other, lesser, systems.
Lives for gear

7 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Interesting - as 99% of comments I read about these monitors rate them extremely highly.

The problem is monitors are personal , people can praise the hell out of a monitor and say it sounds so great etc and no negative words (which is not always a good thing) but it don't mean everyone will like the monitor for their personal needs, just as I was not impressed with the sound of the CMS 50's for what I was looking for despite everyone praising them to death with how good they are.

Its all a matter of taste.
Gear Guru

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jomox ➡️
The problem is monitors are personal , people can praise the hell out of a monitor and say it sounds so great etc and no negative words (which is not always a good thing) but it don't mean everyone will like the monitor for their personal needs, just as I was not impressed with the sound of the CMS 50's for what I was looking for despite everyone praising them to death with how good they are.

Its all a matter of taste.
Yes and no - the purpose of a monitor is to be ruthlessly accurate and to show exactly what is going on.

It's not there to give a nice sound but to show up every imperfection so you can correct it.

A good monitor should only sound good when there is no imperfection in the recording.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
K&K 0410's

There the big boys on the outside. Amazing separation of instruments and frequencies, the sweet spot is "huge" 3-way to 800 watts and 79.4 lbs each. I had to get the General--(the wife) to throw em up on the stands! For me these are truly "outstanding"
Attached Thumbnails
Neumann Nearfields!-img_1598.jpg  
Lives for gear

7 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Yes and no - the purpose of a monitor is to be ruthlessly accurate and to show exactly what is going on.

It's not there to give a nice sound but to show up every imperfection so you can correct it.

A good monitor should only sound good when there is no imperfection in the recording.
Yes, which is why it's annoying when everyone praises certain monitors with how "good they sound" not by how they pick up critical details and make bad mixes sound bad. You want the truth but allot of praise is based on them sounding good.
Gear Guru

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jomox ➡️
Yes, which is why it's annoying when everyone praises certain monitors with how "good they sound" not by how they pick up critical details and make bad mixes sound bad. You want the truth but allot of praise is based on them sounding good.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
I forgot to add that I feel my 0410's are amazingly accurate. I didn't buy them for listening to CD"s. However, it becomes very very obvious, when listening to CD"s, which ones are well mixed. A poor mix and the poor parts of it are clearly discernible. Thread was NEUMANN NEARFIELDS. There wasn't a whole lotta info on the 0410's when I started shopping for new monitors. Just my 2 cents, but I listened to a lot of monitors and nothing I heard came close to these. They're accurate and clean. Neumann didn't just arbitrarily merge with K&H.
Old 11th July 2011 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
K and H 0410's not K&K

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayfield ➡️
I forgot to add that I feel my 0410's are amazingly accurate. I didn't buy them for listening to CD"s. However, it becomes very very obvious, when listening to CD"s, which ones are well mixed. A poor mix and the poor parts of it are clearly discernible. Thread was NEUMANN NEARFIELDS. There wasn't a whole lotta info on the 0410's when I started shopping for new monitors. Just my 2 cents, but I listened to a lot of monitors and nothing I heard came close to these. They're accurate and clean. Neumann didn't just arbitrarily merge with K&H.
Sorry, the heading to my post should of been K&H not K&K. I've never even heard them K and K's.
Old 12th July 2011 | Show parent
Lives for gear

2 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plush ➡️
I am looking forward to hearing these monitors. I am a KH fan and user and this new model looks great.

I don't see how those saying that the name switch is "hype" have any validity.

Neumann is a great company. YOu have to buy a real Neumann mic to understand that though. (not a TLM 102!) MOst commenting here won't spend the money.
102 is an excellent mic. Wish I kept mine, hell, wish I had a pair of them. I really like the sound of the both the mic and the nearfields.
Old 14th July 2011 | Show parent
Lives for gear

I had these to demo from last Friday through today. I let them burn in for about 15 hours until Saturday morning and then worked with them throughout the balance of the weekend and the first couple of days this week. For reference, my normal monitors are Dynaudio BM12A.

First impression was purely physical - these are SMALL monitors! When I ran music through them, I immediately forgot about the size. They obviously won't go as low or deep as my Dyns, but they are very even and don't seem to have any problem spots where certain frequencies poke out unnaturally. I mixed a song on them from a record I had just finished producing and was really happy with the way it turned out. I brought up the tracks flat and got to work. I sent the mix over to the mastering engineer that did the record along with the original mix, both unlabeled as to which was which. His reaction to the original was "please don't do that to me again". Interesting.

The frequency response is more limited on these than my Dyns, but it puts a stronger focus on the midrange (which is not a bad thing!). I REALLY liked working on them; I feel like they are a bit small for my room, or would make a good secondary pair or monitors, but I don't really like changing speakers when I'm mixing. I'd love to hear the K+H/Neumann o300 as this was my first exposure to their speakers and I can only imagine how much better those would be!

Good stuff!
Old 15th July 2011 | Show parent
Me2
Gear Head

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Me2 ➡️
Hmmm seems like some "creative advertising" or wishful thinking then. I've dropped them a line to see if they have more info.
To be fair. Front End Audio have replied (I hadn't read that mail account for a few days so any delay was on my part)

"The Neumann KH 120D has no actual release date as of yet. They have not actually released any pricing which is why we denoted “Pricing subject to change” above the price in red. I had thought the product was hidden on our site, but I have now fixed that."
Old 20th April 2012 | Show parent
Here for the gear

🎧 10 years
Sorry for reviving an old thread, but I'm guessing that these monitors won't be released anytime soon?
Old 20th April 2012
Gear Guru

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karura ➡️
Sorry for reviving an old thread, but I'm guessing that these monitors won't be released anytime soon?
I would have thought it would be pretty soon now.
📝 Reply