Quantcast
NAMM in NAshville - Page 4 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
NAMM in NAshville
Old 21st July 2003
Moderator emeritus

🎧 15 years
Yep, drinking from a Gearslutz mug. Now I'm gonna have to order some...

Even though the party wasn't all THAT large (though you probably wouldn't know it by looking at the catering bill), I didn't get to talk to a bunch of the folks that came. I met Alphajerk Jr, but not Alphajerk Senior...

But it was big fun - Thanks, Michael!
Old 21st July 2003
There is only one

🎧 15 years
so how did the two pics of fletcher end up with a coke in his hand instead of a beer?
Old 21st July 2003
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally posted by alphajerk
so how did the two pics of fletcher end up with a coke in his hand instead of a beer?
freuidan slip?
Old 21st July 2003
Quote:
Originally posted by alphajerk
Photoshop heh
Old 21st July 2003
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 15 years
Wow... What a great day!

'Thank You So Much' to Michael and Tina for being such gracious hosts. You guys obviously went to SO MUCH trouble (and expense) to have us all out to WireWorld. I am just blown away by your kindness! Great BBQ, cold beer, beautiful day in a beautiful setting, awesome studio, great conversations... Just a fabulous hang.

Absolutely wonderful to get to meet one of my personal heroes(!), and be able to put some faces together with names and GS 'handles'...

Fabulous to get to see some old friends and make some new ones! Thanks to everyone for coming out, and I sincerely hope we can do it again!

Who's up for AES in October?

P.S.- I'll post a few pix when I get a chance...

"THANKS, AGAIN!!!"
Old 21st July 2003
Here for the gear

🎧 15 years
Michael,
What a great day!

The best part of NAMM this year was deserting our booth, and dirving up to your studio (kind of put the booth on autopilot -- "gone to BBQ be back tommorow"). Way more good gear at Wire World than at NAMM!

Great BBQ, great conversation (learned alot from all of you), great music. Thanks for playing your new surround mixes, and all of the other great stuff. You do awesome work! Really love those Adam monitors too - wow.

Special thanks to Tina. You worked way too hard! You deserve a nice vacation or something.

Michael, thanks for letting all the slutz in the door. It all started at noon, but long after the sun went down (and I should have been at home with my wife), we were still lusting after your racks of gear. You've got way more good gear than a human being ought to be allowed to have!
You need help... (BBQ threapy session: "Hello, my name is Michael and I am a Gear ...")

Don't know if these BBQ therapy sessions help (sorry about bring the DAC1's). Guess we just made things worse. But, you may be a hopeless case anyway.

Thanks so much!
Old 22nd July 2003
Gear Nut

🎧 15 years
Thanks!!!

I would like to thank our gracious host, it was truely a wonderfull event. Your studio and work is absoulutely amazing!

It was also nice to meet so many of the gearslutz. This event proves that this forum is not always about audio...but instead about the friendships that are made here.

Thanks,

Andrew
Old 22nd July 2003
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Michael -

Great to see you and Tina! Thanks for taking the time and energy to host such an excellent party...awesome food, great company! Sorry I couldn't stay longer...

I really enjoyed getting to meet those who came - it's always cool to see old friends, make new ones and to be able to put faces on forum folk.

...oh, and I totally want a copy of that quad mix of DSOTM...

Best regards,

dB
ADAM guy
Old 22nd July 2003
Gear Maniac

🎧 15 years
Gear, Beer and BBQ. What else could you ask for on a beautiful Saturday afternoon? Michael you are the coolest! This was a great experience well worth the trip.

Richard
SC Digital Services
Old 22nd July 2003
Gear Maniac

🎧 15 years
Yeah Wiredworld! Thanx Michael for the great BBQ!

It was a pleasure to meet some world-class engineers and fellow aspiring engineers with similiar visions and challenges.

Nothing like some face-to-face time to get some great information. Special thanks to Michael, Dave Martin, Brian T, and others for the time you took to give me some great advice.

Seeing Michael's suround setup was truly inspiring, especially hearing the original quad version of Dark Side of the Moon!

Blackcatdigi, I'll try to get to Kinko's this week to burn you a copy of the 80B manual.

Best,

Mack

David Mack Blauvelt
Bluefield Studio
Ditchdigger Music
Old 22nd July 2003
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 15 years
OT:

Quote:
Originally posted by dbluefield
Blackcatdigi, I'll try to get to Kinko's this week to burn you a copy of the 80B manual.
Thanks, Mack... MUCH appreciated!
Old 22nd July 2003
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Whew, just got home. Long ride, 14 hours.

Much thanks and appreciation to Michael and Tina for the incredible time, fabulous food, gracious hosting and overall SMASHING TIME!!! It was so nice to see your place (you are no mere slut -- you are a full blown *****) and put some faces to the names on here. Thanks to Jonh Billings and Dave Martin for taking some time to play and critique the homemade bass guitars we brought along. Great conversation with all of you!

Also, thank you Bob Ohlsson for the great time at your place and the great job mastering my wife's cd, it sounds wonderful. Give our love to Ellen. Now where can I get a copy of that Motown movie?

My new favorite saying is something Bob told me this weekend...

"The good news is, you can never learn less."

Steve Cruz
Cruzified Music
Florida
Old 23rd July 2003
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Gotta chime in and thank Michael and Tina for a great day.
Good to see some of the folks that I had a chance to talk to, and sorry I missed meeting everyone.

The lads from Benchmark were aces, and those darn contraptions they brought sounded damn good!

"No Clarise... he covets" (Hannibal Lecter, Silence of the Lambs)

That would be me about Wireworld... what a cool layout, very comphy, an audio manipulation mecca.

and Fletcher... if you are going to do any more waitresing at BBQ's, you definitly need a boob job.

Cheers to the slutz.
Old 23rd July 2003
Gear Head

🎧 15 years
Michael,

Thank you so much for your great hospitality. It was such a beautiful place and I know everyone had such a great time because of your kindness.

It was so nice to be able to meet the man behind some of my all time favorite mixes!! And it was even more refreshing to know that you are an even nicer person!!! Thanks for the memorable stories that went long into the night.

I would also like to say thanks to everyone else for the great conversation and the new friendships made.

What a great time!!!!!!!!

Thank you,
Old 23rd July 2003
member no 666

🎧 15 years
I need to chime in with yet another THANK YOU!!!!!!!!

An absolutely wonderful afternoon!!

I kinda feel like an analog echo here... great to put faces to the names, great to see [hear!!] the studio, great food, great weather [how Michael ordered that is a mystery... but he did an amazing job of it to say the least!!]... great to meet Tina...

I hope these Gearslutz 'get togethers' become a regular thing... they're a hell of a lot of fun!
Old 23rd July 2003
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Thanks Michael and Tina for hosting so graciously. It was a pleasure to meet some of the faces behind the names here.

Mrs Alphajerk and Alpha Jr were a bright spot in the midst of the geekfest. Ohhhh....OK......Alphajerk was a darn nice guy himself. I don't know if I'm supposed to say that. It could blow his entire online persona.

I enjoyed chatting with various folks. For a minute, I thought I had stepped into "The Cult of the Trident Series 80." Just one thing, though. Since I had never met Fletcher in person, and I guess nobody was willing to make him put on a nametag, I didn't know he was there. It all went by so quick saying hello around the table with other people yakking at me from behind, somehow I didn't snap to it.

Dude, I would have enjoyed speaking for a bit. Sorry I missed you. Next time, wear a funny little hat or something, if the nametag is a no-go for you.

In any event, cheers to Jules for his all-round menschishness in absentia.

Regards,
Brian T
Old 23rd July 2003
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
I am soooo bummed that I didn't make it out to Nashville this year. I hope there will be other opportunities for get togethers in the future.
Old 23rd July 2003
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Brian, the T-shirt was a dead giveaway.

S. Cruz
Cruzified Music
Florida
Old 23rd July 2003
There is only one

🎧 15 years
online personas are what they are... misleading and fake.
Old 23rd July 2003
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
****. i get snowed under for a few days and miss the only excuse to go to NAMM. I even had a room offered to me.
Old 23rd July 2003
There is only one

🎧 15 years
snow in hell... the apocolypse must be here.
Old 24th July 2003
Thank you guys. I guess this will be turning into the "Annual-WireWorld-NAMM-BBQ".

I just went to the studio for the first time after the party and I have to say I am very disappointed

THERE WAS STILL BEER LEFT OVER

I guess we will have to practice that part better next time

Well, all you Nashville GS, did you hear me? THERE IS STILL BEER LEFT OVER...
Old 24th July 2003
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Michael,
I'm over in Knoxville......had to miss NAMM(was on a mini tour)......... but I just might drive over and gets me some beers.
Old 24th July 2003
Quote:
Originally posted by Saucyjack
Michael,
I'm over in Knoxville......had to miss NAMM(was on a mini tour)......... but I just might drive over and gets me some beers.
come on over
Old 25th July 2003
Gear Nut

🎧 15 years
I'm with Randall! I would really like the opportunity to pick your brain Michael. However, I just don't to impressions tutt
Old 25th July 2003
Ok, let's do a "beer 'n brainstorm" day sometime next week. Saucyjack you pick the day, because you have the longest drive. cool with you guys, Randall and mtsupiano?
Old 25th July 2003
Gear Nut

🎧 15 years
sounds great!! Just let me know what day so I can take off work.
Old 26th July 2003
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
****, too ****ing cool of you Michael.....I'm kinda tied up next week or so but would love to hook with y'all at some point down the road.
I love Gearsluts.
Old 27th July 2003
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
WOW .... looks like you guys had an amazing time ... COOL

Old 31st July 2003
Super Moderator

🎧 15 years
I second that quote. And all the best to you folks.

I wish I could have made that groovy party, but we were heading to St. Louie, to work with Steve Smith and friends.

I hope you consider Summer NAMM BBQ # 2. I'll do my best to make that one!

Michael, you're the Man. Cheers to you and yours!

to the tenth power!
πŸ“ Reply