🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally posted by Dave Martin
I'd rather take white crosses...
Gut knee?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote:
Originally posted by mwagener

Any suggestions what brand of beer to get?

Quote:
I'd sugggest that you look to your own heritage - a nice German pilsner like Paulaner would be lovely (says the man who doesn't drink)...
Uhhhh Dave... there are some of us that work for a living [crew, not band, capise?]... Bud, Pabst... but not Miller... [unless you're talkin' Buddy Miller but I wouldn't want to drink that...]
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally posted by e-cue
Someone kick Fletcher in the balls for me...
Now why would you want one of our GearSlutz brethren to become an amputee?
Old 16th July 2003
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 15 years
*** Gearslutz Public Notice***

If anyone on the list needs a ride from downtown, PM me (prior to Friday) for contact info. I plan to leave around 11:15 am or so...

I'll be in a small vehicle (with a fairly useless excuse for a backseat), so I'll realistically be able to fit exactly one (1) "adult-sized" person (besides myself)!!!

OTOH, If you're under 5'5", (or don't mind riding a half hour with your legs squeezed up to your chest) perhaps we can fit more!

Let me know.
Old 16th July 2003
Moderator emeritus

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally posted by Fletcher

Uhhhh Dave... there are some of us that work for a living [crew, not band, capise?]... Bud, Pabst... but not Miller... [unless you're talkin' Buddy Miller but I wouldn't want to drink that...]
Well sure, but if you're drinking on someone else's tab... We can live off of the deli tray, but if you can snag the fare that the artist eats, go for it...

I think that at Michael's shindig, we ARE the big kahunas; musicians, sales people and manufacturers are simply part of our support apparatus...
Old 16th July 2003
jho
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally posted by blackcatdigi
*** Gearslutz Public Notice***

If anyone on the list needs a ride from downtown, PM me (prior to Friday) for contact info. I plan to leave around 11:15 am or so...

I'll be in a small vehicle (with a fairly useless excuse for a backseat), so I'll realistically be able to fit exactly one (1) "adult-sized" person (besides myself)!!!

OTOH, If you're under 5'5", (or don't mind riding a half hour with your legs squeezed up to your chest) perhaps we can fit more!

Let me know.
BC -
I wouldn't mind following / caravaning out there with you. Email me your cell or something...

jho
Old 16th July 2003
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 15 years
Quote:
I think that at Michael's shindig, we ARE the big kahunas; musicians, sales people and manufacturers are simply part of our support apparatus...
Come to think of it Dave, you're absolutely right. Talk about a meeting of 'qualified customers'... The BBQ is a goldmine!

In fact, one of these manufacturers ought to just whip out their expense acct. amex and reserve a big, fancy, party bus for us to ride over in. That way I can have a beer sans paranoia! And they can generate a lot of Good Will!
Old 16th July 2003
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
ADAM rep to be there?

Michael, when you mentioned earlier that a rep from ADAMS will be at your BBQ, you did mean the studio monitor company, right?

I am --thisss-- close to buying a pair of P-22 nearfields and it would be great to talk to ADAM owners or reps.
Old 16th July 2003
There is only one

🎧 15 years
be prepared to be floored by the ADAM "rep" then... may your wallet have mercy. well, that and michaels 5! S3-A's... damn!
Old 16th July 2003
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Re: ADAM rep to be there?

Quote:
Originally posted by flexoffset
Michael, when you mentioned earlier that a rep from ADAMS will be at your BBQ, you did mean the studio monitor company, right?

I am --thisss-- close to buying a pair of P-22 nearfields and it would be great to talk to ADAM owners or reps.
I'll be there.

dB
ADAM Audio USA
Old 17th July 2003
Re: Re: ADAM rep to be there?

Quote:
Originally posted by Bryce
I'll be there.

dB
ADAM Audio USA
Dave, I thought you were from SAMUEL ADAMS heh heh heh

Quote:
Thank you blackcatdigi, that might lighten the parking situation a little. Maybe some more people could get together for rides?
Old 17th July 2003
Quote:
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Any suggestions what brand of beer to get?
quote:
I'd sugggest that you look to your own heritage - a nice German pilsner like Paulaner would be lovely (says the man who doesn't drink)...

Well, I might have the beer situation covered. We got:
Heineken
Warsteiner Pilsener
Molson Ice
Bavaria (oddly enough from Holland)
Corona
Bud Light
and two different brands of non-alcoholic beer.
plus Coke, DietCoke, Sprite, Ice Tea (cans), and some other fizzy stuff (forgot the brand). We also have bottled water and, yes Dave, we have coffee

Let me know if I'm still missing anything...
Old 17th July 2003
There is only one

🎧 15 years
dave has got to be from texas to drink coffee in 95 degree heat with 98% humidity.
Old 17th July 2003
Founder

Or is that a size 95 hat & 98% humility?

Old 17th July 2003
Moderator emeritus

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally posted by alphajerk
dave has got to be from texas to drink coffee in 95 degree heat with 98% humidity.
Hey, you stay awake your way, and I'll stay awake mine... I found out a few years ago that if I don't drink coffee pretty much all day, I'm semi-literate, boring and slow. By drinking it all the time, I'm semi-literate, boring and jittery.
Old 17th July 2003
Moderator emeritus

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally posted by Jules
Or is that a size 95 hat & 98% humility?

That too...
Old 17th July 2003
There is only one

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Hey, you stay awake your way, and I'll stay awake mine... I found out a few years ago that if I don't drink coffee pretty much all day, I'm semi-literate, boring and slow. By drinking it all the time, I'm semi-literate, boring and jittery.
hell, i might be joining you for a coffee and a smoke. coffee is my breakfast. i drink it till noon most days. i love coffee. plus i will need it to drive back home. it will keep my drinking however to a minimum.

im already drooling for some BBQ. mmmmmmmmm.
Old 17th July 2003
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Re: Re: Re: ADAM rep to be there?

Quote:
Dave, I thought you were from SAMUEL ADAMS heh heh heh

Thank you blackcatdigi, that might lighten the parking situation a little. Maybe some more people could get together for rides?

Nah. I say everybody rents their own stretched Suburban or maybe even one of those cute little handicap haulin' mini yellow school buses.

One person per large Amercian vehicle, please.

Regards,
Brian T
Old 17th July 2003
member no 666

🎧 15 years
I'll be headin' down from the sit-tay if anyone can use a ride... gonna stay in one of "Mt. Pilot's finest roach motels" on Saturday pm... but will be headin' back to the city Sunday morning first thing.... so if I can be any 'logistical assistance' to anyone... give a shout [email protected]
Old 17th July 2003
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Minivan available...

I will be in the wife's minivan minus the wife ..... plan on having a shopping spree at Sam Ash, et. al., so I need the space

I will be coming up there on Saturday morning and can carry 3 comfortably, 5 semi-comfortably, and 6 if someone's really small.

I could arrive at the convention center around noon and will be happy to drive a crowd over to the BBQ.

If you're not too cool to be seen in a minivan just let me know via this thread and we can make further arrangements a little later.....but not much later.

I can bring a child's car seat if needed.
Old 18th July 2003
Gear Maniac

🎧 15 years
I'm there friday. I'll be hanging at the Ernie Ball booth.
Old 18th July 2003
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Could some of you guys check out the lynxtwo booth i'm interested to see how there AD/DA stack up to high class stand alones...
Old 19th July 2003
There is only one

🎧 15 years
heading west in a half hour... see you in a few.
Old 20th July 2003
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Great BBQ, Michael!!!!!

I'm just now getting back home from the BBQ safe-and-sound.

It was fantastic meeting you, along with so many of the Gearslutz online community.

It was a brilliant idea to do that, Michael, and I certainly thank you for the great hospitality and generosity you showed me from the second I stepped into your beautiful, beautiful studio.

It was very generous to open up your facility to all of us....and the food was top notch...

Kindest regards,
Richard Brackin
Muscle Shoals, AL
Old 20th July 2003
A big THANK YOU to everybody for coming and hanging at WireWorld, it was a great afternoon. Gearslutz are very interesting people to talk to, you always learn something. The weather was kind to us, even though it was a little on the 'warm' side.

Also a big THANK YOU to Allen and John from Benchmark for bringing in the three DAC-1, WireWorld never sounded so good...

Here is a first picture. I will post a few more, after I get some sleep

Last not least a big THANK YOU to Jules for coming up with such a great forum, and even though you were 4000 miles away, we all felt your spirit, which brought this nice bunch of people together this afternoon.

Let's see if I can get it all together. If I mess up please correct me. Here it goes:

left to right:

JonnyB2U - John Billings
Mrs alphajerk
alphajerk junior
alphajerk
John Siau (Benchmark)
Mark Via
Jack Smith
Bob Olhsson
Allen H. Burdick (Benchmark)
mtsupiano - Andrew
Ellen Olhsson
John Partipilo - The Tennessean
Alex
Steve Cruz
loudist
Ed
Michael Wagener
flexoffset - Richard Brackin
Dave Martin
Carolyn Martin
BrianT - Brian Tankersly
Clay Vann
Sprouseod - Richard Sprouse
Pane - Mrs. Randall
David M Blauvelt
blackcatdigi - Casey (you can just see one eye of him behind David Blauvelt)
Randall
Mike Poston - Equipment pool
Drew - Drew Mazurek
Eric Conn - Independent Mastering
Josh
Tina (my girlfriend)
Tracy Samczyk - Warner Bros.
Fletcher
Jill
Tracy Martinson - Sony SACD
Don - Independent Mastering
Kathryn Poston

There were a few more guest that didn't make it into this picture:
Dave Bryce - ADAM USA
John Jennings - Royer microphones
Margie Mazurek
Mr. and Mrs. Seibert
John Kelton
Brad Singleton
Mr. and Mrs. Lonn Eubanks - 105.9, The Rock
and my trusty assistant Ryu Tashiro, who was taking the picture.

I hope I got it all right, let me know...

more pix coming up later
Old 20th July 2003
Founder

I saw the new post and thought please a photo! Please a photo!

And what a great one!

Three cheers for Mr Wagener!

Thank you Michael, you are a true gentleman,

Old 20th July 2003
jon
Capitol Studios Paris

🎧 15 years
Sounds like it was a nice weekend!

Thanks for posting the photo, Michael. Any chance of adding a caption of who is who?

(at least I know who the guy with the GS t-shirt is)...

Jon
Old 20th July 2003
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
tons 'o' fun, worth the trip.
thanks for being a great host Michael.
drew and margie
Old 21st July 2003
Randall
great party

Michael,
What can I say?having wanted to meet you in person for so many years, it was truly an honour for the ole lady and I to get to do so at your place and with a fine meal,cold beer and great guests,your hospitality and grace was absolutely wonderfull,love your studio,,enjoyed meeting so many of the members of this forum also,,,Rock on!!! Randall
Old 21st July 2003
Here for the gear

🎧 15 years
What a GREAT BBQ!!!
Many, many thanks to Michael for his generous hospitality. The food was wonderful and Michael's studio is a great sounding room! Talk about a gearslutz paradise! We just walked in the door from Nashville (we stuck around NAMM until the bitter end), but I had to thank Michael first thing. We had a great time and it was really nice to put faces and names to all the 'slutz that we met. Again, thanks Michael.

Gregg & Lesa
Old 21st July 2003
There is only one

🎧 15 years
whew. long drive home. ended up staying the night and meeting up with michael and fletcher for brunch, along with mine and michaels better halves. kudos to tina, the hostess with the mostess. thanks michael for having us.

finally got to meet brianT who is one of the coolest guys, we did end up going to opryland for the night and my wife ended up raiding opry mills that night and the next day.

good meeting everyone. drew, steve, casey, dave [thanks for the T], who else? brain rattled from almost 800 miles in two days.
Old 21st July 2003
more pix...

πŸ“ Reply