Impending Price Hike on DAC1? - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Impending Price Hike on DAC1?
Old 28th May 2003
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Impending Price Hike on DAC1?

Atticus! Is this true?

My pro dealer says the prices are going up on the DAC 1, and I should buy now while he still has old stock.

It's awful to be forced to buy gear. Almost as bad as being forced to have sex with Jennifer Anniston or Halle Berry.
Old 28th May 2003
member no 666

🎧 15 years
Dude... the price increase came and went on 15 May... if you know a pimp that has them in stock at the old price... snap it up!!
Old 28th May 2003
There is only one

🎧 15 years
did they make it better?
Old 28th May 2003
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
We really didn't want to raise the price, but our cost on the faceplate of the DAC1 was tripled and we had to raise the price to reflect that. The new list price is $850, which is not a staggering jump at all. Thanks.
Old 28th May 2003
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally posted by atticus
We really didn't want to raise the price, but our cost on the faceplate of the DAC1 was tripled and we had to raise the price to reflect that. The new list price is $850, which is not a staggering jump at all. Thanks.
BOO just make it look ugly like FMR stuff we don't care as long as it sounds good..
Old 28th May 2003
There is only one

🎧 15 years
prices are supposed to go down for manufacturing after production, not be tripled. i would of looked elsewhere if someone tried to bend me over like that. paying more fo a FACEPLATE?
Old 28th May 2003
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Trust me, I know. It sucks. But a faceplate is a big part of the cost of a piece of gear. We are trying to give a great value for the money so we wanted to make it look as great as it sounds. Hence the really nice faceplate.
Old 28th May 2003
Jax
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
$50 ain't that much of a jump, like the man says. Easy, now. At least it didn't go from $3500 to $6500 like the SLAM.
Old 28th May 2003
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
make it look less cooler and save money on looks could knock the price down though...i'd rather pay less then 50 more...
Old 28th May 2003
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Thats true but it wouldn't be by much. We are trying to give the best value for the money.
Old 28th May 2003
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
i couldn't afford it now even if it was 50 less anyway....lol so don't mind me...
Old 28th May 2003
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally posted by Jax
$50 ain't that much of a jump, like the man says. Easy, now. At least it didn't go from $3500 to $6500 like the SLAM.
IS anyone ever going to forget this? I have a bad feeling it will be mentioned in histroy book in hunderes of years.. Manley Labs, they designed a few pieces of gear, and then there was the whole SLAM thing...
πŸ“ Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…