Quantcast
EAB/Geiling console - Page 3 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
EAB/Geiling console
Old 22nd August 2014 | Show parent
  #61
Lives for gear
 
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by knobexploit ➑️
Ok but the seller want 750 eu for the rack, add another 750 eu for a direct out modification (that needs to be installed without the original technical layout for my console) and before you know i am another 1500/2000 eu out of pocket. I am not cheap, but that is a lot of money.
too much. i'd offer 500€ for the rack - at most. if that doesnt work out i can get you the stuff for a fair price (well have to see what you need really) and have all documents here... Helmut from tbg is working for me as well. he built the original consoles - and still knows every pinout by hard the one you use is most likely wired up by him as well.

ps: there should not be much cost to actually fit the mod. your channels should have insert points at pin 17&18. they should also be connected to some kind of connector. now these just have to be hooked up to the new modules. done.
maybe it would be a good idea to see if pins 17&18 are connected on your frame. they will either have a wire to the connectors on the back or be bridged. if they are bridged, you just need to wire two cables from them to the balancing amps (they carry insert send on pin 17 and return on pin 18).
Old 23rd August 2014 | Show parent
  #62
Gear Nut
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by salomonander ➑️
the one you use is most likely wired up by him as well.

Tell him he did a stunning job...its super tight..
Old 23rd August 2014 | Show parent
  #63
Gear Nut
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by salomonander ➑️
ps: there should not be much cost to actually fit the mod. your channels should have insert points at pin 17&18. they should also be connected to some kind of connector. now these just have to be hooked up to the new modules. done.
maybe it would be a good idea to see if pins 17&18 are connected on your frame. they will either have a wire to the connectors on the back or be bridged. if they are bridged, you just need to wire two cables from them to the balancing amps (they carry insert send on pin 17 and return on pin 18).

I will check out your suggestions, i know a direct out/insert mod is a great advantage to free the pre's and EQ's from the summing bus.


Cheers and many thanks for you advise.
Old 23rd August 2014 | Show parent
  #64
Gear Nut
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by salomonander ➑️
too much. i'd offer 500€ for the rack - at most.

Yeah well its the sellers price, and i wont argue with that. He has a fair perspective on what his gear will return him financially. Maybe he has a strong market elsewhere.
Old 19th September 2014 | Show parent
  #65
Lives for gear
 
🎧 15 years
dear knobexploit..... i find your auction a bit funny. you'll never get that money... just saying
you got the desk for a little over a grand and now want 6.5 grand for it? talking about ruining prices on the market.... argh. i thought i was helping some honest engineer. not a guy looking to rip off buyers on ebay. well, whatever... please look for further help elsewhere.
Old 19th September 2014
  #66
Lives for gear
 
nickelironsteel's Avatar
 
🎧 5 years
Its a free market. His prices are obviously set not to sell but to create value.
Old 19th September 2014 | Show parent
  #67
Lives for gear
 
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickelironsteel ➑️
Its a free market. His prices are obviously set not to sell but to create value.
i know. still - f*ck that attitude is what i say. too many sellers on this forum.... i hate helping them without even knowing. last time i gave away knowledge for free. would still do for honest people. not seller slugs
Old 19th September 2014 | Show parent
  #68
Lives for gear
 
roginator's Avatar
 
🎧 15 years
and somebody said here I asked too much for 10 ch of LINE amps with rack, PSU and wired all together - ORIGINAL EAB! .. NOW I WILL KEEP EM !!!!



D
Old 19th September 2014 | Show parent
  #69
Lives for gear
 
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by roginator ➑️
and somebody said here I asked too much for 10 ch of LINE amps with rack, PSU and wired all together - ORIGINAL EAB! .. NOW I WILL KEEP EM !!!!



D
well, according to the new price these are worth a fortune haha
ps: anyone need a console like that pm me. you'll get it for at least half the price.
lets kill that dudes plan
Old 20th September 2014
  #70
Lives for gear
 
nickelironsteel's Avatar
 
🎧 5 years
Eab is the new neve a channel alone will be
4000 soon, plus 1000 for a vk rack rofl
Old 20th September 2014 | Show parent
  #71
Lives for gear
 
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickelironsteel ➑️
Eab is the new neve a channel alone will be
4000 soon, plus 1000 for a vk rack rofl
...that will most likely be wired wrong guess im a rich man with my 28/8/4 eab console then. it honestly took me 1 1/2 years to get it up and running. we just finished it yesterday. literally (the desk pictured in post #7). it wa a crazy build since we modded all sub groups to the eab big console system and therefore had to wire everything from scratch. it was pure terror. honestly - terror.
ill post some pics soon - im rather proud at this point. it was such a hard task. over 200 haufe transformers wired. i almost gave up - but i did not its all calibrated now and it sounds stunning. hell yeah!

ps: the eab stuff is better build than any neve i have met. the circuits are almost the same. its funny. matt looked at them (he worked for audix) and also commented that their consoles were very similar in terms of schematics. huge numbers of tantalums and styroflex in the signal path. same with early calrec, cadac, telefunken, siemens etc. compare their amps. its not rocked science still, the transformers gave every manufactuerer a distinct sound. but the feel of that time is tantalums to me. more important than any transformer imo.
Old 20th September 2014
  #72
Gear Nut
 
🎧 10 years
I find these replies to be a bit obvious. I have never claimed anything not to be, seller or not you helped me out Salomonader and i am greatful for that. You was friendly and i replied with the same attitude. The fact that i got the console for a low number does not mean its market value is affected by that. Recent sales of comparable items have been in the same ballpark. I dont rip anybody off and i am a bit tired of cramped reactions towards any professional in this business buyers, sellers or anybody who tries to make a living.

Roginator, i was just not buying your item, others said it was to expensive.

I have not met anybody on this forum or be it any other forum that was prepared to sell a lucky find for the same number they got it for, critics of market selling are usually the ones who end up asking top dollar themselfs so please stop the hypocritical BS.
Old 20th September 2014 | Show parent
  #73
Gear Nut
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by salomonander ➑️
ps: the eab stuff is better build than any neve i have met

well that says it all....
Old 20th September 2014 | Show parent
  #74
Gear Nut
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by salomonander ➑️
great score. i saw it on ebay and hoped that someone gets lucky. these are great desks. amazing eq and pres. i saw what you payed for it and it is a steal!
Ok well just to quote your reply and add some perspective..

I found a console on Ebay, i bid triple asking price but only one other bidder that was competing so i got it for a good price. Item was advertised "broken/for parts"!!!! So i bought a broken piece of scrap for auction price, most buyers would shy away but i took the risk. There was no PSU included!! and no schematics, lets talk about that. I had to drive 1000 km to pick it up and sleep over due to the distance, seller would not ship (another issue affecting the price) After that i delivered it to my tech and with your help (which i thank you for, happy to help you out any time) we got it back to life, paired it with a PSU and i ended up with a working EAB console picked up as scrap. Its a superb console and a comparable HQ console would set you back the same number. We live in a transparant world (what most people want) so yes you can see what is offered and what is sold..


Fair game!!
Old 20th September 2014 | Show parent
  #75
Lives for gear
 
roginator's Avatar
 
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by knobexploit ➑️
Roginator, i was just not buying your item, others said it was to expensive.
you said next .. and that sounded to me like TOO EXPENSIVE .. sorry if I'm wrong ..

"ok thanks for the info but 750 is not a realistic number"

anyway you have right to sell for ass much as you ask .. and yeah .. Congratulations if you sold it of that much !
Old 20th September 2014 | Show parent
  #76
Gear Nut
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by roginator ➑️
you said next

"ok thanks for the info but 750 is not a realistic number"
Yes for me, i was not willing to ad more $ to my purchase i was fine with the unit as is. I have replied on public page that you have your market and the price is up to you. Also i find it a bit funny that you get involved in bashing me, i have purchased from you before and i have never disrespected you. You are a professional seller and you tend to seek current market prices whenever you sell items so please its a bit weird to get this from you. Please dont get me wrong i have nothing against you but try to keep things in perspective.
Old 20th September 2014
  #77
Lives for gear
 
nickelironsteel's Avatar
 
🎧 5 years
Again free market

I bought neve 1066/73 for 500eur a piece and i bought my siemens elam 8-2 desk for 500 eur. Doesnt mean i have to sell a neve for 500 or the siemens for anything below 2000 per channel. Free market
Old 20th September 2014 | Show parent
  #78
Gear Nut
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickelironsteel ➑️
Again free market

I bought neve 1066/73 for 500eur a piece and i bought my siemens elam 8-2 desk for 500 eur. Doesnt mean i have to sell a neve for 500 or the siemens for anything below 2000 per channel. Free market
I agree.
Old 20th September 2014 | Show parent
  #79
Lives for gear
 
roginator's Avatar
 
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by knobexploit ➑️
Yes for me, i was not willing to ad more $ to my purchase i was fine with the unit as is. I have replied on public page that you have your market and the price is up to you. Also i find it a bit funny that you get involved in bashing me, i have purchased from you before and i have never disrespected you. You are a professional seller and you tend to seek current market prices whenever you sell items so please its a bit weird to get this from you. Please dont get me wrong i have nothing against you but try to keep things in perspective.

yeah … But Im not pro seller .. sorry on that … I sell stuff but Im no pro … !
Im studio owner and freelance tech.. I sell stuff under regular prices BUT never for INSANE prices …

and man … Im not disrespecting you … not in any way .. we just talk here … I apologise if I said something wrong .
Old 28th January 2020 | Show parent
  #80
Here for the gear
 
🎧 10 years
Hello everybody.

Bought in Germany a pair of TBG E601 F equalizers.
My technician is willing to refurbish, rack and power them up, but no way to find out the schematics.
We're totally stuck.
Trying to put this ad here, seen those awesome EAB / TBG consoles !

Any help really appreciated, thanks a lot in advance.

Teeto
Old 28th January 2020 | Show parent
  #81
Lives for gear
 
toledo3's Avatar
 
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by teetoleevio ➑️
Hello everybody.

Bought in Germany a pair of TBG E601 F equalizers.
My technician is willing to refurbish, rack and power them up, but no way to find out the schematics.
We're totally stuck.
Trying to put this ad here, seen those awesome EAB / TBG consoles !

Any help really appreciated, thanks a lot in advance.

Teeto
http://audio.kubarth.com/rundfunk/ge...D9%40%60%60%0A

This says it’s for E601, but without digging in deep, it looks more like a preamp or line amp with high pass? I guess the F equalizer designation makes it a different unit?

(from the audio kubarth page. http://audio.kubarth.com/rundfunk/index.cgi)
Old 28th January 2020 | Show parent
  #82
Here for the gear
 
🎧 10 years
Yes it is the preamp.
We collected it at the beginning, but in any case thank you so much.
My tech is looking for the EQ section schematics,
E610F.

Thanks again.
Old 19th February 2020 | Show parent
  #83
Here for the gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by teetoleevio ➑️
Yes it is the preamp.
We collected it at the beginning, but in any case thank you so much.
My tech is looking for the EQ section schematics,
E610F.

Thanks again.
I'm also looking for EQ schematics but for separate E 514 s module. Cannot find them anywhere.
πŸ“ Reply

Similar Threads

Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post
replies: 0 views: 1726
Avatar for 248200
248200 2nd March 2015
replies: 21144 views: 1711665
Avatar for _tapehead
_tapehead 1 hour ago
replies: 76 views: 16844
Avatar for neilslade
neilslade 5th December 2020
replies: 447 views: 64886
Avatar for _tapehead
_tapehead 10th March 2021
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…

Forum Jump
Forum Jump