Quantcast
Electrodyne 511 question: Peaking/Shelving characteristics? - Page 2 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Electrodyne 511 question: Peaking/Shelving characteristics?
Old 6th September 2011 | Show parent
  #31
500 series nutjob
 
pan60's Avatar
 
🎧 15 years
as i have mention in a number of emails and PM's this is a favorite eq of mine particularly when tracking!
sweet sound laded with vibe and MOJO!
easy fast to dial in!


anyone who has not had a chance to slip one in a rack or lucnbox should!
Old 27th December 2011 | Show parent
  #32
Lives for gear
 
airmate's Avatar
 
🎧 15 years
So i am reviving this old thread today...

I just got my second pair of 511. But I have another question: The lowest corner frequency on my first pair reads 40 Hz, and on the new ones it's 50 Hz.

Does anyone know the reason for this? Why did they change the design?
Old 27th December 2011 | Show parent
  #33
Lives for gear
 
ionian's Avatar
 
1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by airmate ➡️
So i am reviving this old thread today...

I just got my second pair of 511. But I have another question: The lowest corner frequency on my first pair reads 40 Hz, and on the new ones it's 50 Hz.

Does anyone know the reason for this? Why did they change the design?
Maybe just for the math?

The rest of the values are mathematically halved or doubled.

250hz - 500hz

1.5khz - 3khz

5khz - 10khz.

By changing it to 50 from 40, it fits the astethic?

50hz - 100hz works. 40hz - 100hz doesn't.

I'm just guessing, though. The curves on that are so wide I think that 10hz isn't that much of a difference, if at all.

Regards,
Frank
Old 27th December 2011 | Show parent
  #34
Lives for gear
 
airmate's Avatar
 
🎧 15 years
Ok, case solved.
I talked to Petes Place Audio and they told me that they did not change the circuits. Some units went out with a silk screen error and apparently not all dealers reported back whether they received units with the 50 Hz print.

No big deal at all, I was just curious since I like the 40 Hz boost so much...
Old 30th December 2011 | Show parent
  #35
Gear Maniac
 
Mixing Suite's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Shepperd ➡️
We've never moded the steps. In order to really hear what it does for your music, you should give it a try. The EQ is so broad that 4 dB at 10k does not hurt your ears. It's gentle and musical.
Well after owning a pair for for about a year now, and as much as I enjoy them, I still feel 1db steps would have been a better choice for me. I may look into getting someone to mod them.
Old 30th December 2011 | Show parent
  #36
500 series nutjob
 
pan60's Avatar
 
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by airmate ➡️
Ok, case solved.
I talked to Petes Place Audio and they told me that they did not change the circuits. Some units went out with a silk screen error and apparently not all dealers reported back whether they received units with the 50 Hz print.

No big deal at all, I was just curious since I like the 40 Hz boost so much...
good to hear.


so are you taking a pocket knife to scratch in the correction?
LOL
just joking, i could not resist.
every one knows a ice pick works better: o~
hehheh

P.S.
i absolutely love these and would not change a thing on them!
Old 31st December 2011 | Show parent
  #37
Lives for gear
 
airmate's Avatar
 
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by pan60 ➡️
good to hear.


so are you taking a pocket knife to scratch in the correction?
LOL
just joking, i could not resist.
every one knows a ice pick works better: o~
hehheh

P.S.
i absolutely love these and would not change a thing on them!
No, not really...

Peter Montessi is sending me two new face plates and I will change them. Usually my dealer would be supposed to do this for me, but I believe I can do this myself.

You are right - these are OUTSTANDING EQs... Now I own four them and I would love to have even more...
📝 Reply

Similar Threads

Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post
replies: 5901 views: 1896822
Avatar for Paul_G
Paul_G 3 days ago
replies: 5 views: 5042
Avatar for Tetness
Tetness 6th September 2006
replies: 514 views: 43463
Avatar for hcppp
hcppp 12th May 2021
replies: 359 views: 46317
Avatar for everythinglouder
everythinglouder 3rd July 2021
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…

Forum Jump
Forum Jump