Quantcast
Avalon 747 Comp vs. 2044? - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Avalon 747 Comp vs. 2044?
Old 8th November 2009
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Avalon 747 Comp vs. 2044?

I know the comp on the 747 and like it for small amounts of gain reduction. Nice to ride the peaks a bit without too much colouring, the TSP feature is nice as well. Hitting it harder makes it a bit too pumping for my taste. Anybody heard the 2044 against it?
Old 9th November 2009
Gear Guru

🎧 15 years
They are 2 different tools, ones tube and the other is solid state, the VT series is not worth talking about, however the AD stuff as in the 2044 came from Krell audio, google it and look. Only reason I don't like the 2044, it has a low mid boost that turns me off, its a great transparent compressor if thats what you are looking for.
As for the 747, I have owned a few and did not care for them, have that pillowy sound..... not for rock at all, ok for R&B.

If you must go Avalon get the AD 2044, it blows the 747 away just like the 737 vs the 2022
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…