The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
power supply
Old 1st August 2002
Lives for gear
C.Lambrechts's Avatar
🎧 15 years
power supply

Often forgotten imho. Your power company gives you electricity .... what do you do with it BEFORE your favourite toys eat and drink it ??

Do you use power conditioners ? how about balanced power transformers ?

Or how about line voltage regulators ?

Discuss ......
Old 1st August 2002
Moderator emeritus
🎧 15 years
I'm using Furman balanced power transformers on the console and the tape machines and computers. There are also a couple of the Furman power regulators here and there, but they're just used because there are 8 plugs on the back of each one. As far as I can tell, There are neither adding or taking away anything.
Old 1st August 2002
Gear Addict
cymatics's Avatar
🎧 15 years
Tripp Lite Line Conditioner. Per their product info:

-Maintains usable 120V nominal output during brownouts as low as 87V
-Complete EMI/RFI noise filtering
-Network grade surge suppression

I'm not convinced that the EMI/RFI filtering makes a huge difference, but the LED indicating low voltage compensation is on about 20% of the time I'm working so I'm glad I have it.

- jon
📝 Reply
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…

Forum Jump
Forum Jump