The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
My new Neve BCM-10
Old 5th January 2013
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
I would be happy to join the BCM 'club' if invited..
Is the desk included with the membership sign-up?
(-;
Old 8th September 2013 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
More Mix Down Channels for Neve BCM10.....

I came across the old thread recently and would be very interested in learning more details of exactly how more mix down channels were added and interfaced to the BCM10 architecture.

Based on info contained in the thread, a monitor section from an 8014 and external 1272's housed in an external cage were key components.

But I'd really like to learn more info about how the additional channels were connected to the original stereo buss.

Best Regards,
Tim

This is my BCM10 with ten 1084's. I have eight additional 1084's in an external rack which we have been routing to an SSL X-Desk as a drum submixer before routing the stereo drums back to the BCM10.
Attached Thumbnails
My new Neve BCM-10-game_room_bcm10.jpg  
Old 8th September 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
In the spirit of this thread, here is a pic of my little Sidecar, courtesy of Geoff Tanner! Heading down to the studio now to work on it!
Attached Thumbnails
My new Neve BCM-10-imageuploadedbygearslutz1378660914.272869.jpg   My new Neve BCM-10-imageuploadedbygearslutz1378660980.048158.jpg  
Old 8th September 2013 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisrulesmore ➡️
In the spirit of this thread, here is a pic of my little Sidecar, courtesy of Geoff Tanner! Heading down to the studio now to work on it!
Wow, this Aurora Sidecar looks sooo beautiful.... love it.

This desk walk right to the top of my wishlist.

"You said you needed this, so I build it" G.T.

R.
Old 9th September 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuce 225 ➡️
I came across the old thread recently and would be very interested in learning more details of exactly how more mix down channels were added and interfaced to the BCM10 architecture.

Based on info contained in the thread, a monitor section from an 8014 and external 1272's housed in an external cage were key components.

But I'd really like to learn more info about how the additional channels were connected to the original stereo bus
Hi

If you look at the right side of the BCM10 monitor section you will see two vertical parts that are effects/direct input to the stereo bus with both level control and pan pot .... so an external stereo source can be mixed onto the BCM's stereo bus.

If I can mention it, without being chewed off by a mod, the Aurora Sidecar also has a direct input to the stereo bus via a 9 pin D Sub.

Sent from my SAMSUNG Galaxy S4
📝 Reply