Quantcast
UA 6176 - Page 2 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
UA 6176
Old 17th May 2003
Gear Maniac

๐ŸŽง 15 years
I've been using my 6176 for 6 weeks now and IMHO it's great. Ya just gotta love that switch that let's you use the 1176 by itself.
-Will
Old 22nd May 2003
Lives for gear

๐ŸŽง 15 years
Now here is a truly nice price on the 6176=$1825

http://www.recordingservices.net/res...p?CategoryID=6

Good luck!
Old 22nd May 2003
Lives for gear

๐ŸŽง 15 years
Now here is a truly nice price on the 6176=$1825

http://www.recordingservices.net/res...p?CategoryID=6

Good luck!
Old 29th May 2003
Gear Head

๐ŸŽง 15 years
I can't beleive you would diss a piece of a gear you have never worked with and then use a link to a direct competitors opinion (bombguy) as proof that it sucks. I have 2 uads in my system and while its no replacement for hardware they are VERY good bread and butter plugs at frankly an excellent price.
Old 30th May 2003
Lives for gear

๐ŸŽง 15 years
Hi Guys! I just registered in the forum. Seems like a pretty cool place...

Quote:
Originally posted by killahertz
I can't beleive you would diss a piece of a gear you have never worked with and then use a link to a direct competitors opinion (bombguy) as proof that it sucks. I have 2 uads in my system and while its no replacement for hardware they are VERY good bread and butter plugs at frankly an excellent price.
I've used UAD-1 in Cubase SX/Nuendo for two years now and it a really nice tool.
As someone said before me, but it's worth mentioning again, don't rule it out before even listening to it first.
That Bombfactory guy is just pissed because his sales are going haywire.

Cheers
Frederick
Old 1st June 2009 | Show parent
Gear Nut

๐ŸŽง 10 years
I've just finished my first track using my new 6176 and I can say I think it is fantastic. It just has such a smooth creamy sound and sounds great on just about anything. I'm not sure if it is textbook practice to track almost every sound on a mix through it but I did and it really gave me the warm sound I was looking for. <p>The people who are dissing this box here really baffle me, I think this is one hell of a good investment. I mean, you can spend 2K on a great pre amp and another 2K on a great limiter etc. but here we have both for the price of one. It is a top class unit that is a real everyday workhorse. I do not think UA should be brought down for making a great unit that suits so many people.
Old 1st June 2009 | Show parent
Lives for gear

๐ŸŽง 15 years
I just used the compressor section on vocal, with a Millenia as preamp. Absolutely fantastic.
๐Ÿ“ Reply