Quantcast
New Mic locker - Page 2 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
New Mic locker
Old 8th May 2003
Lives for gear

๐ŸŽง 15 years
lowswing, what's the best price available in Germany for the 4047 (in Euros?) It is indeed a great sounding mic, but I think he needs a multi-pattern model.
Old 8th May 2003
Lives for gear

๐ŸŽง 15 years
The best price i found for the 4047 in europe is 498euro at tohmann germany:
http://www.netzmarkt.de/thomann/artikel-140990.html
So a pair is around the 1000$ that what also a pair of km184 will cost.
Old 9th May 2003
Lives for gear

๐ŸŽง 15 years
Re: An update

Quote:
Originally posted by Ruairi
Hello all,

thanks again for all the input. Here is an update on my new locker

what I have

1 x 57
1 x 58
1 x D112
1 C414 ULS

New additions

1 Soundelux E47
1 Soundelux U99
2 x KM184 (spectacular price on a stereo pair - can't be beat)
2 x Sennheiser 421
2 x Sm57
1 Beyer M160 Double Ribbon

Again pres for now are Millenia HV-3D 8ch, Vintech 1272

I have yet to find a used Sennheiser 441 but i will get one shortly if not two. This leaves me without a stereo pair of Large diaphragm condensers.
Nice work, Ru! You have put together a really nice set of mics and pres that should cover most of your bases. Especially with the addition of the 441.

But I'm not sure why it is so important to have a stereo pair of LD's though. I would definitely spend your next chunk of money filling the one gaping hole in your collection: small diaphragm omnis. On a lot of stuff they just can't be beat, and so far, you've got nothing of that flavor.
Old 9th May 2003
Lives for gear

๐ŸŽง 15 years
i have a pair of 184s, and although i am not sure I would buy them again, I am really happy with them more times than not..

I am also potentially the worlds biggest AT4050 fan, ti is my absolute favorite guitar amp mic, and I have really good luck with vocals and room owith it as well. I have used pairs of 4033s ( apparently same diaphraghm, just card only) as rooms etc and generally loved em.
Old 9th May 2003
Lives for gear

1 Review written
๐ŸŽง 15 years
Re: Re: An update

Quote:
Originally posted by littledog
Nice work, Ru! You have put together a really nice set of mics and pres that should cover most of your bases. Especially with the addition of the 441.

But I'm not sure why it is so important to have a stereo pair of LD's though. I would definitely spend your next chunk of money filling the one gaping hole in your collection: small diaphragm omnis. On a lot of stuff they just can't be beat, and so far, you've got nothing of that flavor.
I guess I have always had a pair of 414s and in a way it's just an old habit. I have been looking at the Earthworks stuff and I have started checking into D.P.A./B&K but I won't make a purchase just yet. I am really excited and at the same time really nervous to be making this leap. I'll be going from a part time to a full time engineer but thankfully I am booked solid until October so it's a good time to jump.

BTW Studio care have new 414 ULS for 339 pounds sterling ex vat which works out at about 495 euro for anyone out there thinking of picking one up. I think I will just to hae a pair again.

Thanks to everyone you have been a great help,
cheers,
Ruairi
๐Ÿ“ Reply