Quantcast
U87 Cases - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
U87 Cases
Old 1st August 2005
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
U87 Cases

Hi, I finally matched two nice U87, but they have different case; one is leather, one is wooden box. Does anybody know where in USA can I buy one more wooden box or maybe aluminum box for pair of U87?
Any help appreciated,
Mozart
Old 1st August 2005
Old 11th January 2021
Baz
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Original U87 Leather Case

I have the leather case that came with my U87 when I bought it used years ago but stopped using it quite awhile ago and it's just sat in a box. The last time I had my mic in it, when I pulled the mic I noticed that the foam behind the red felt had been deteriorating to the point that particulates would end up contaminating the capsule. From there I started using an old plastic Shure case I had around for storage instead. Thankfully the mic didn't run into challenges and I had it serviced a short time afterwards.

My question is: has this happened to anyone else, and if so, did you get it restored? The case is a really classy addition and provides solid storage so I'd be interested in getting it brought back up to spec.

Any assistance would be appreciated.
Old 11th January 2021
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
No matter your desire to preserve or restore Neumann's 1970's leather cases, and especially the foam padding behind the cotton lining, please always wrap the mic in a plastic bag before you store it. Always. No exception.
Dislodged foam particles are really hard to remove from diaphragms.
Old 11th January 2021 | Show parent
Baz
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klaus ➡️
No matter your desire to preserve or restore Neumann's 1970's leather cases, and especially the foam padding behind the cotton lining, please always wrap the mic in a plastic bag before you store it. Always. No exception.
Dislodged foam particles are really hard to remove from diaphragms.
Thanks,
📝 Reply