Quantcast
Which analog desk for PT HD? - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Which analog desk for PT HD?
Old 19th April 2003
Lives for gear

๐ŸŽง 15 years
Which analog desk for PT HD?

I'm thinking about an analog desk for my HD3 rig. I don't have 100K to spend but maybe 15k-35k on a lease.

Do I really need it? I'm currently on a control24 and everything else is outboard (pres, comps etc). I track and mix pop, rock and some dance/hip hop.

My other concern is automation. I love grabbing the C24 faders as opposed to a mouse.

I want to buy it for the right reasons. EQ, dynamics, pre's, monitoring section, but mostly the SOUND. If it's going to make a huge difference then I might do it. Or maybe just a Dangerous 2 buss...

Looking for suggestions and LINKS. Thanks.
Old 19th April 2003
Gear Guru

๐ŸŽง 15 years
There must be a TON of threads and posts in the archives on this. It seems to come up every few weeks on one or other of the GS forums.
As far as links is concerned, you could try:
www.recordingconsoles.net
Old 19th April 2003
Lives for gear

๐ŸŽง 15 years
Yeah I know and I've read some, but I didn't want to step on everyone elses thread and wanted to be more specific to my needs.

Thanks!
Old 19th April 2003
Lives for gear

๐ŸŽง 15 years
we're on the edge (waiting for a demo unit to arrive) of testing a D2B setup along with some new compressors. I guess for the same reasons you want a console. I have no idea yet of what it will bring but I'm expecting quite a bit from it.

My idea for a future setup is to Mix / automate with PT and ProControl but work with 2 D2B's linked together.
๐Ÿ“ Reply