Quantcast
Stereo monitoring, angle and width? - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Stereo monitoring, angle and width?
Old 16th April 2003
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Stereo monitoring, angle and width?

I'm in alsihad, and I just purchased an omnirax console for my control24 and I'm trying to get comfortable with 2 video monitors at a new height.
What kind width and angle are you running your monitors at?
I'm running ADAM s3a's and I think they are about 4ft apart at the center tweets(running horizontaly) and maybe a 30 degree angle or so?
I'm wondering what others are doing, if your speakers are even further apart, that is if they are, is the angle sharper?
Hey if you've got pics so much the better, thanks
daniel
Old 16th April 2003
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
If you're not at a big console, in which case you're not. It think the general rule is the whole equilateral triangle deal, with the speakers equidistant from each other and you, both aimed at you. With the imaging on S3As, I imagine it may not be as important to get them pointed at you.
I'm sure there are other opinions. I have speakers about 4 feet apart as well and I split the difference of them being aimed straight out and straight at the mix position, as it works better for me when other people are in the room and making decisions as well.
Old 20th April 2003
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Doug, thanks for the response, seems again that I've hit on a topic that not too many others are worried about
I was really paranoid about changing my control room around after mixing with the same setup for 5 years or so, but I guess I was worried about nothing, seems so far that the room is better
Peace
daniel
Old 20th April 2003
Rab
KMR Audio

🎧 15 years
This is from Genelec's quick set-up guide... may be of use?
Attached Thumbnails
Stereo monitoring, angle and width?-place.jpg  
Old 20th April 2003
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Rab thanks! Part of my problem was dealing with video monitors between the mains, and trying not to ruin the triangle! I guess the placement would be easier if I went vertical with the adams but I'm more used to horizontal. Thanks!
daniel
πŸ“ Reply