Quantcast
Hand Crafted Lab.Ukraine,Kiev-Only full tube gears - Page 4 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Hand Crafted Lab.Ukraine,Kiev-Only full tube gears
Old 22nd April 2006 | Show parent
Here for the gear

🎧 15 years
Hey, what's wrong with an 80's Italo look? heh

I think their gears look pretty cool. The sound I haven't heard yet.
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by tony666
I would call the colors of those VU meters on the Multicolor Solution a Pre 1982 bad italo disco look
I like the military look and the italo disco colours as well. Keep up the good work HCL!
Gear Guru

I also like the utilitarian look. Be true to yourself ... fancy looks are overrated. How fancy does this look?
Old 23rd April 2006 | Show parent
Gear Addict

🎧 15 years
guys,
by any means - don't change the look of your stuff! looks way cool and distinct imho! retro-badass-east-bloc style is the way to go.

and hey - I know u guys are into studio gear - but me thinks that a guitar top coming from your labs might be interesting. make it simple and affordable: single channel with a gain that ranges from b.b.king to sepultura. price it below $1000 and u have winner
Old 24th April 2006 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Thanxthumbsup
Certainly, we shall use own style, and to develop it is as I already spoke earlier - probably, we use khaki yet. Here only one problem - custom house can think, that it is the true military device .
We use a lot of metal, front panel has thickness 6-7mm, for ex., and others details of rack case has thickness of 2 mm.

And certainly, we could not ignore guitar device. Now we develop guitar preamp (I ` m guitarist also ) - and obviously, in the beginning of summer we shall present this product. But as in one channel it`s difficult to combine so various sounding (separate cascades are necessary for this purpose with own circuitrys) - that guitar preamp will have 3 ch yet(switched by footswitch pedal)- ultragain, crunch, and clean - conditionally speaking. EQ in each channel, and 2 gain, master volume, 4 tubes obviously. This device will differ a little on appearance ( new member of an our team - guitar head ) - but as a whole it will look as cool...
Gear Addict

🎧 15 years
glad to hear u a are looking into making a guitar-amp!

my inspriration came from that odd 'petersburg p-100' amp I tend to use a lot here. its a single channel 100w tube head. designed by a german audio-tech in the late eighties and actually build in st. petersburg. about 800 where made and u find them in some studios as 'secret weapon'. its a real punk-rock amp: loud, cold and piercing. but great for rhytm guitars, distorted bass and even keys at times.

design-wise it also has this distinct east-bloc flavor - bacelit knobs and a red star on it (guys I know u are ukraine, but still

they sold for around 400 euros when new - and that was the major selling point then. a marshall was at least double that price!

don't have a pic but just found this story bout the amps: http://www.ringomedia.net/spetel.html
Lives for gear

5 Reviews written
🎧 15 years
I really like the look and I hope you won't listen to people who buy on looks.
No need to change it.

The desert variant of the gears I think will look great!

Meanwhile, I am enjoying the discussion and digging the space station paint color.
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
I love how it looks, dont listen to anyone who judges based solely on looks.

this isnt milan. You arent dressing Heidi Klum. You are making gear. Kudos from me.
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Don't change the look! It's good to have personality and a distinct aesthetic. All DW Fearn products are red. If you don't like red and you want the Fearn sound, tough.

Hooray for eccentric, perfectionistic audio designers! The world would be boring without you!

We have a stereo Atomic Squeeze Box and some people think it's hideous and some people think it's gorgeous.

http://mercenary.com/inauatsqdu.html

Eye of the beholder, etc.

Cheers,

Chad
Gear Addict

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRay
Offcoarse not! These things sell for half the price off Manley products and probably sound as good. But to me it still doesn't have the same appeal. BTW, I like the militairy looks found in Tube-tech, ... (maybe it's just the round VU's I disslike)

Why don't you give these units Russian (Ukrainian) names (if it's so important to have your own identity). Iljoesjin, Mig, Sukhoi sure sounds more authentic then Solution or Affinity heh
Old 25th April 2006 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Wow....folk..!thumbsup

We are pleasantly surprised, that devices, and look, in particular, has caused such activity... Huge respect to everyone who expresses the opinion and wishes, support. It`s pleasant doubly, as for musicians also. Once again big thanks, slutzthumbsup thumbsup thumbsup

But now again Violent Force. It`s ready already.

XXL photo 1 XXL photo 2 XXL photo 3

Let's remind features:
-Preamp (Input Gain-multipattern switch(attenuator),Phatnom power,Phase,Pop-filter),and Hi-Z input - which work independently and simultaneolsly with mic pre,separate cascade apply for it,
-Optoleveller(Hard/Soft mode,cut filter for compressing),
-4 band passive bell RC EQ, 21 pattern switches instead of poti,
-2 balanced transformer outputs - which work simultaneosly and independently,for plugging in DAW and Mixer,for ex.,to avoidance of latency,
-2 modes of output cascades - usual or cascode,
-3 transformers,4 tubes,

We have recorded Gendel live concert(male/female vocal,), with orchestra, please look and listen...
Violent Force page/
in construction meanwhile,but fully info will be coming soon
Violent Force testing page
Old 20th August 2006 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
chandler vs. reality? Then again, what DO these things do, anyway?

Of all your products, I am most interested in the Reality summing mixer. To be honest, I really don't understand how you incorporate these with DAWs or what separates one from another. I do know from my vinyl playback system that I prefer the sound of tubes to transistors, but there seem to be both tubes and transistors in the Reality. Can anyone explain this to me?

Thank you.
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Where is the price list??Can I order direct? I would like the 2ch mic pre.

teddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandCrafted Lab ➑️
Wow....folk..!thumbsup

We are pleasantly surprised, that devices, and look, in particular, has caused such activity... Huge respect to everyone who expresses the opinion and wishes, support. It`s pleasant doubly, as for musicians also. Once again big thanks, slutzthumbsup thumbsup thumbsup

But now again Violent Force. It`s ready already.

XXL photo 1 XXL photo 2 XXL photo 3

Let's remind features:
-Preamp (Input Gain-multipattern switch(attenuator),Phatnom power,Phase,Pop-filter),and Hi-Z input - which work independently and simultaneolsly with mic pre,separate cascade apply for it,
-Optoleveller(Hard/Soft mode,cut filter for compressing),
-4 band passive bell RC EQ, 21 pattern switches instead of poti,
-2 balanced transformer outputs - which work simultaneosly and independently,for plugging in DAW and Mixer,for ex.,to avoidance of latency,
-2 modes of output cascades - usual or cascode,
-3 transformers,4 tubes,

We have recorded Gendel live concert(male/female vocal,), with orchestra, please look and listen...
Violent Force page/
in construction meanwhile,but fully info will be coming soon
Violent Force testing page
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by T.RayBullard ➑️
this isnt milan. You arent dressing Heidi Klum. You are making gear. Kudos from me.
LOL

I vote for the next device to be called the "Klumpressor".
Who is with me?
Old 21st August 2006 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThetaAlpha970 ➑️
Of all your products, I am most interested in the Reality summing mixer. To be honest, I really don't understand how you incorporate these with DAWs or what separates one from another. I do know from my vinyl playback system that I prefer the sound of tubes to transistors, but there seem to be both tubes and transistors in the Reality. Can anyone explain this to me?

Thank you.
Here is a lots of variants,but basical is : your DAW, 8 outputs with submixes - mixer 8x2 - very gooood AD 2 ch converter - master machine(CD recorder,analog tape machine,DAT,etc, or return mix to your DAW) and mixing in Real Time,ye,in real time. Analog mixing kill any digital mixing engine

Transistors,chips and stabilizators are used at feed,filament chains,and in VU indicators curcuit only. These chains do not need to be built on the tubes.But signal path is full tube,from Input to Output,of course.
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Thank you for your answer! Now I understand how I can use it! What are some of the modifications that are available?
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Best variant for DAW,on our opinion - passive unbalanced input matrix,8 ch for ex.,with Pan and Volume pots,and 2 ch tube powerfull master section,with trafo balanced outputs(or trafo balanced dualoutput if it`s necessary). With Pan pots in each mixer channel(instead of DAW Pan function,which occupies 2 precious mixer channels) you can have more reasonable use of your tracks from of your DAW
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Best variant for DAW,on our opinion - passive unbalanced input matrix,8 ch for ex.,with Pan and Volume pots,and 2 ch tube powerfull master section,with trafo balanced outputs(or trafo balanced dualoutput if it`s necessary). With Pan pots in each mixer channel(instead of DAW Pan function,which occupies 2 precious mixer channels) you can have more reasonable use of your tracks from of your DAW

you didnt answer my price question.
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
PM was sent tonight on your e-mail
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Sounds good...Also, I would want to be able to A/B a set in monitors in case of a live mixing situation. As long as the signal chain remains tube throughout, do the inputs need to be unbalanced? I have a LOT of EM interference in my neighborhood.

Thank you, and I love the way it looks.
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Live mixing? Hmm....if we consider a passive mixer inputs for DAW - thus these inputs not has amplification, for DAW outputs such output levels is enough....up to ~+22dBu for ex.,but for live mixing situation it should be other type of mixer configuration,with active inputs, I think..or you should have some preamplifying devices with gain up ab. 20-40dBu for instruments and mics...and 8 channels for live mixing - is it enough?

For monitor line it`s possibly usage of dualouput,how option, for ex.....it`s second winding of output trafo,copie of main signal.

For receiving of DAW outputs,with servobalanced outputs(on chips in other words) we prefer to apply unbalanced mixer inputs...to avoidance of artefacts in signal due to of servobalanced output signal....it`s very complex technical moments..signal has not good transformation due to convertation of signal phase at servobalanced outputs....but on such high outputs levels...+22dBu and higher, usage of balanced signal path(and servobalanced, and with count of short cables from DAW to mixer) ... no necessary,IMHO,and with shaky profit from DAW servobalanced outputs.
Meanwhile, trafo balanced outputs from mixer it`s necessary....for good mix signal pumping and coordination with next device, and for galvanical disconnection from AD converter as well,for ex.
Old 29th January 2007 | Show parent

🎧 10 years
any product updates

violent force?

any new A-B comparisons with leading quality competitive products?

thx ukranian bros
Old 29th January 2007 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
No price list on web page?
Old 28th April 2010 | Show parent
Gear Nut

🎧 10 years
I have just taken the new one "Velvet" ( over my midimini ) and an my friend the new "Varis" from Albert (very serious guy ), for the moment they looks great!!.. we will try them on the road at best as possible on some vintage sampler and synth , (hope soon!! and after will post some feedback!!
Attached Thumbnails
Hand Crafted Lab.Ukraine,Kiev-Only full tube gears-100_0453.jpg  
Old 13th March 2011 | Show parent
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
the affinity is a cool piece of gear.
πŸ“ Reply