Quantcast
ME Geithain monitors - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
ME Geithain monitors
Old 3rd March 2009
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
ME Geithain monitors

I had a pair of ME Geithain monitors here for a weeks worth of testing. I think they were model RL 906.

Very nice actually, many good qualities - especially the upper mids and top end.

ME Geithain don´t seem to get talked about much around here. Any fans ?
Old 3rd March 2009
Gear Addict

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Definite fan here! But they are very expensive (10'000 CHF a piece for the 901, 922 or 933). Some day...
Old 4th March 2009 | Show parent
Gear Head

🎧 15 years
i have the 906

ME Geithain rocks!!!!!
I absolutely love my 906 pair.

you should demo the 904 too. anything above is really waaaay too expensive, i thought the 904 and 906 was the tipping point for the average "pro" studios.
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
I gotta say it was very easy to ride vocal levels on the Geithains, almost too easy. I´ve never heard a speaker before that honest about what´s going on with the vocal balance. That alone makes them worth their price.

Amazing focus too.

I agree that looking at the pricelist brings out a couple drops of cold sweat though.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Some of the best, also the construction is top, they last in professional environments for decades. Sometimes they are not "fun" to work with, since they are super honest. Imaging is one of their big strengths. Also the cardioid bass response is a game changer for many rooms that have problematic bass response.

Have you talked to them directly and asked for a discount? I think the 933 can be had for ~3.500 EUR IIRC, broadcasting stations get discounts, so why not you...
Gear Addict

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by audio ergo sum ➡️

Have you talked to them directly and asked for a discount? I think the 933 can be had for ~3.500 EUR IIRC, broadcasting stations get discounts, so why not you...
Hmm, sounds interesting. When the time for a purchase comes (read: when I have the money) I will give them a call for sure.

Thanks for the tip.
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Big fan here, I own a pair of 903, and they are really amazing.

Unfortunately really expensive.

But I never regretted it, they were the most important purchase I did !
I also was interested in the 904, but they had not enough bass, the 903 go much deeper, more complete sounding.

If you don't want to spend sooo much money, try these:

MASTERING-MONITOR STRAUSS SE-NF-3

Test: Mastering-Monitor Strauss SE-NF-3: Professional Audio Magazin

they are about 2000 each
Gear Addict

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
I just visited their page. It seems the SE-NF 3 are no longer in production.
Gear Addict

🎧 15 years
amazing monitors but little known company outside of germany. they don't have a good distributor if any. they are expensive too, the markup for especially the ‘consumer' market is steep. make sure you order as a studio and negotiate with them. there is room in the prices.

besides that: world class imaging, ultra-revealing mid-range, good, clean highs and not fatiguing. the k(artoid) series has this clever cancellation-technique for bass-frequencies behind the speaker. e.g. less room effects, more accurate bass response. it's really just the way they designed and damped the backside of the speakers but it sure has an impressive effect.
Old 5th March 2009 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDJK ➡️
I just visited their page. It seems the SE-NF 3 are no longer in production.
yes, you're right, they disappeared from their webpage, but they are in the "new" catalogue, which you can download here:

SE - STRAUSS ELEKTROAKUSTIK. Switzerland

the catalogue is from 2006, ahem

only an email can help us
Old 5th March 2009
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
I've been working with my pair of RL901Ks here for a few years now, and find it hard to imagine my working life without them. They're outstanding monitors in every respect; really intuitive and trustworthy to work with.

Here in the US, they're not widely or aggressively distributed, but they are definitely supported. They are pricey, but well worth the money, IMO.

-dave
Old 25th April 2010 | Show parent
Gear Guru

🎧 15 years
Where can you get these in the US? I've looked everywhere. I'm interested in teh 906's.

thanks
Old 11th January 2013
Here for the gear

🎧 10 years
Hi

My name is tobias from leipzig.

Just got a Special Deal on a Pait of RL902 (only 4 pieces made the vented version of the 903k with a bigger woofer (10")

They go down to 37 hz

Seriously. we mixed a lot on the ADAM p11a before which are not bad at all but compared to this they`re just sound like small plastic toys ;-)
The stereo image is even better (coaxial system) and it does not have this sharp air motion transformer highs like in the ADAMs. They`re quite more natural and on the same level never seem as "stressed" as the Adams. They`re kind of invicible regarding color. And thats what i love them for.

I know the chief ingeneur of the company mr kiesler. all of his work is very convincing. Did you know that he also made the speakers in the east german car the "trabant"

And a tip for all the low end theory guys:

if you`re looking for some passive speakers pair below 200$ try the east german BR25 or BR26. They`re quite accurate for their size and i know no other hifi box that is as accurate and mixable as this model. Mr Kiesler invented this Speakers in the 80s before the fall of the Berlin Wall and they were produced in vast amounts also for export in the GDR electronic VEBs.
Old 11th January 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Bought 933Ks this year. I'm far from an expert techie but they sound really wonderful to my ears.

They are to be placed close to the wall so I went for the Cardioids.
Attached Thumbnails
ME Geithain monitors-1geithain933k.jpg  
Old 11th January 2013 | Show parent
Gear Guru

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by loslagson ➡️
My name is tobias from leipzig.

Just got a Special Deal on a Pair of RL902 (only 4 pieces made the vented version of the 903k with a bigger woofer (10")

They go down to 37 hz

They`re kind of invisible regarding colour. And that's what i love them for.
And the RL906 just received a superb review in the November 2012 issue of Sound On Sound.

The PDF of the review is HERE.

Attached Thumbnails
ME Geithain monitors-sos-rl906-review-jpg.jpg  
Old 14th January 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
the 906 and the 801k impressed me the most at the factory!
Old 14th January 2013
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 5 years
Well, at ten thousand Euro for each 801K, you better be impressed! Why not go for the 800K while you're at it – only twice the price!

My favorite attainable Geithain monitor is the 922K, or the 901K if I had enough space.
Old 15th January 2013
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 15 years
Shameless plug for a friend...

If you are in LA and you want to mix with Geithain 903's... consider Astound Studios in West LA. My friend Greg runs the studio and he has amassed a great array of monitors including PMC, ATC and more.

Its a sick room for mixing and mastering. Beautifully tuned for critical listening.

- Cheers

PS. A tip of the hat to all the designers and craftsmen that toil late into the night perfecting the art. We with ears salute thee.
📝 Reply