To all gutair nuts - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
To all gutair nuts
Old 11th February 2009
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 15 years
To all gutair nuts

I allways used a pod xt for my music. My music is really synth based but i would use gutairs as support. I have api 512c pre, and ma5, great river, and the biz,.

What to do i bought a fender tube amp but the sound does not sound like it matches my music. And it is to loud to record what to do to get a good sound
Old 11th February 2009
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
Welll, I don't know how badly you would want to sell the amp you just bought. Fender tube amps hold their value really well, though. If you don't want to sell it then maybe a workaround is possibly putting the amp in a "remote" and "isolated" place, like a closet stuffed with pillows. As far as your tone goes with the fender, pods make it easy....maybe too easy to find a workable tone. Fooling around with your tone and volume controls on both your guitar and the amp will go a long way. Of course, other effects like delay, chorus (I actually like a uni-vibe better than a chorus), phaser, etc. may go a long way toward helping you find THAT sound. Most of your effects can be added in your chain once you get your tracks into your computer though. You can monitor thru headphones the effects chain you like at the moment and still be free to change or add later with very little worry. You might want to think about getting a good distortions pedal if your amp isn't particularly high gain. I use a Radial Tonebon Trimode with a little 5 watt Fender Champion that actually gets a nice growl as there is EQ in the pedal itself. I had a a friend of mine who played professionally in a band called the Pain Teens and he got an amazingly versatile and fat (and heavy) tone that was all his with a Fender Super Reverb and a ProCo Rat pedal with a rackmounted EQ and some other select effects and it was surprisingly heavy.

If you decide to sell your amp, there are some really great 3 to 5 watt amps out there and there is even a 1/2 watt amp. Those are very easy to turn up and mic and get some big sounds out of that aren't necessarily loud. I told you about the Fender I have. I liked it so much I bought a Blackheart amp that is switchable between 3 and 5 watts and sounds good as well. The amps I mentioned are cheap. There are some really good amps made by Dr Z, Black Cat, Laney, Orange, etc that are VERY high end, yet very low in wattage. I live in a condo and record at all hours of the day and night and don't get any complaints at all about the volume.
📝 Reply