Quantcast
Found A Great Comp Chain For Rock Vox - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Found A Great Comp Chain For Rock Vox
Old 11th February 2009
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Found A Great Comp Chain For Rock Vox

Tracking today doing a raunchy rock vocal and I stumbled across a great chain with killer color.

M49 -> V76 -> La2a -> Pultec EQP1 -> Retro 176 -> SSL Alphalink (Madi)

I don't get overly excited about these things anymore, but this sounds awesome. The vocals are super present but colored and thick all at the same time. Man the La2a 176 combo is awesome!

I wish I could post this. Maybe I can record myself after everyone leaves. tomorrow.
Old 11th February 2009

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Empire Prod ➡️
Tracking today doing a raunchy rock vocal and I stumbled across a great chain with killer color.

M49 -> V76 -> La2a -> Pultec EQP1 -> Retro 176 -> SSL Alphalink (Madi)

I don't get overly excited about these things anymore, but this sounds awesome. The vocals are super present but colored and thick all at the same time. Man the La2a 176 combo is awesome!

I wish I could post this. Maybe I can record myself after everyone leaves. tomorrow.
I'm sure it sounded great... The M49 is a great mic, and I bet it had a lot to do with why you loved the sound so much.
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…