Quantcast
If you could only have one of these amps... - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
If you could only have one of these amps...
Old 7th February 2009
Here for the gear

๐ŸŽง 10 years
If you could only have one of these amps...

If you could pick one of these three amps, which would it be, and why?

a) Diezel Einstein
b) Bogner Uberschall
c) CAE OD100 SE+

I might be interested in getting one of these to go with my VH4, but I'm not sure yet- also thinking about getting a Les Paul copy of some sort...it also depends on the tax return

I'm leaning towards the Einie at the moment due to brand loyalty, but not totally sure after hearing some great clips from the other amps lately. I'd throw XTC in there too, but I haven't seen as many good deals on those as I have on these amps lately. Sadly I can't try any of them out, or I wouldn't have to ask...

I play a whole whack of different stuff, from funky/jazzy stuff to hard rock and metal, but I'm primarily concerned about finding a warm, saturated distorted sound. Between my VH4 and a '70s silverface Fender Princeton reverb I have nice cleans covered for the moment, just looking for something a bit thicker (and slightly...saggier?) to mix with the VH4.

So, if there was a fire in a room and you could only grab one, which would you go for? Thanks for the help in advance!
Old 7th February 2009
Lives for gear

๐ŸŽง 10 years
If it were me, I'd go with the Bogner.... though to be honest, I'm a Vox AC30 man, myself. I find that mixed in with another amp (or itself), it's the most versatile amp on the market- - but thats's just me :o).

So my vote is for the Bogner.
Old 8th February 2009 | Show parent
Gear Guru

๐ŸŽง 10 years
Bogner Uberschall is a kick-ass amp. It's a real classic. It would be on my short list of high-gain amps.
Gear Nut

๐ŸŽง 10 years
ive tried all those amps.. the only one that will come close to your vh4 is a splawn nitro. but its really dry.. so try out a kt88 loaded splawn before you buy. but it smokes the uberschall and my mesa mark IV as well. amazing amp for high gain.
Gear Maniac

๐ŸŽง 10 years
if there was a fire in the room, i would grab the one that was furthest away from the fire!

๐Ÿ“ Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…