Quantcast
1073 as an eq during mixing? - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
1073 as an eq during mixing?
Old 7th February 2009
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
1073 as an eq during mixing?

Is that possible? If I send a channel to a 1073 at unity gain can I use just the eq? Sounds good or too much coloration?
Old 7th February 2009
Lives for gear

On the rear of a 1073 chassis you should have both a mic and line input. If you run a signal back out to the line input and use the line amp of the 1073 you can engage the eq and use the 1073 as an outboard eq and line amp.
Old 7th February 2009 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Yep I do it all the time. Definitely adds some color but I use it a lot on software instruments and drum kits... where adding some color is usually a good thing. They have both a line and a mic input.
Old 7th February 2009
Gear Maniac

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by switch1 ➡️
Is that possible? If I send a channel to a 1073 at unity gain can I use just the eq? Sounds good or too much coloration?
Why not?
Old 8th February 2009 | Show parent
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
I run my mixes like this at the moment, but I do not engage the EQ. I am just looking for the size and depth of the transformers. I am using an Aurora Audio GTQ2 though. Very 1073 but a little cleaner.

My mastering Engineer is using a 1272 in the signal chain for that transformer thing as well.heh
Old 8th February 2009

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by switch1 ➡️
It's been used in this exact scenario for over thirty years... It's a very good EQ, although is somewhat limited in frequency choices. But, there is no reason you shouldn't be using it during mixdown.
📝 Reply