Replacing a K2's tube - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Replacing a K2's tube
Old 7th February 2009
Lives for gear

2 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Replacing a K2's tube

How do I replace a tube in a K2? A friend has one and I'm trying to find where I can buy a good one that replaces it that's not too expensive, and also how do I change it?

Thanks
Mike
Old 7th February 2009
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
...the best tubes I've found for my K2 are either the Siemens or Amperex NOS gold-pinned E88CC (6922 tube)...they are a bit expensive from tube vendors but can pop up on eBay at a reasonable price from time to time...also, RCA relabelled these German & Dutch tubes under their own brand, so if you run across a "Made in Germany" or "Made in Holland" NOS RCA gold-pinned 6DJ8, grab it!...they go much cheaper than the Siemens/Amperex counterparts (same tube)...

(remove the mic body by unscrewing the disc at the bottom and gently remove the old tube and replace with upgraded tube...oh, and be sure to unplug the mic first...high voltage! )
Old 7th February 2009 | Show parent
Lives for gear

4 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
I'll warn you now, the only really good 6922s are going to be expensive (around $100 and up). However, they are pretty much magic. The Amperex NY white label are amazingly rich in harmonic overtones. My favorite for sure.
There's also a few that are nice in the $70 range.
Though Telefunken and Siemens are popular brands, their 6922s are a bit flat sounding and you might wat to stick with something from wither the Holland or NY factories. The labels on the tube are often incorrect so don't go by those. You need someone to tell you what the tiny factory codes mean. If you need help, let me know.
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…