Quantcast
preamp plugins - Page 2 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
preamp plugins
Old 6th February 2009 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
112db morgana plugin but... not my favorite sound.

also... Roland MMP-2 and v-fx3 card for vs2480 console.
verry nice emulations of avalon, hhb "tlaudio" classic 80, millenia media hv-3, manley, neve 1073, etc...

my favorite is the millenia media hv-3,
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
also...
you can clone the eq responce of mic-pres.

with waves q-clone,
izotope ozone matching linear phase eq
bias master suite
steinberg mastering edition
tc electronic clone eq plugin.
etc...

just send pink noise from MDA TestTone generator plugin,
make a loop
DA-->DI Box-->Mic-pre-->AD

take snapshots
once i cloned the 610 mic-pre eq, sadly i lost the saved snapshot, but sounded verry verry close&similar/real.
no distortion :(

mic-pre overload is one of the things i miss most of mci jh-416
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by bootsy ➡️
My forthcoming EQ update contains a pre-amp stage simulation which covers some non-linearities like transformer bass distortion, tube harmonics, freq&phase response etc.
Some more info on my blog here and here.
PC / VST only.
+1 Bootsy
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by edcampos ➡️
Try "Normalize" in PT, that's supposed to be a 1073 clone.

Ed
thought I should add "lmao" before som1 actually tried it
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
FYI - IF the OP really meant plug-is as preamps...

Last year I got some tracks from a band to mix - the "engineer" had used the Waves RChannel on the AUXES as inputs in to protools to gain/eq/comp the mics - turns out the "commercial" studio - that the band paid actual money for - had NO mic preamps!

When I called up the tracking engineer to see just what the hell he was thinking, he was quite surprised I had a problem with the tracks - said they do that ALL the time and have never had any complaints.. in fact "Big" engineers that own "NEVES" come in there all the time and do the same thing!

awful... just the worst.

FYI he also tracked ALL the guitar parts with both guitar players using the same amp, same mic, same magical RChannel settings and yes, the SAME guitar w/o bothering to tune between takes...

un-mixable!
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by superwack ➡️
Last year I got some tracks from a band to mix - the "engineer" had used the Waves RChannel on the AUXES as inputs in to protools to gain/eq/comp the mics - turns out the "commercial" studio - that the band paid actual money for - had NO mic preamps!

When I called up the tracking engineer to see just what the hell he was thinking, he was quite surprised I had a problem with the tracks - said they do that ALL the time and have never had any complaints.. in fact "Big" engineers that own "NEVES" come in there all the time and do the same thing!

awful... just the worst.

FYI he also tracked ALL the guitar parts with both guitar players using the same amp, same mic, same magical RChannel settings and yes, the SAME guitar w/o bothering to tune between takes...

un-mixable!

lol...NICSE...
Old 22nd February 2009 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
You're gonna want to try the Waves API bundle. Maybe not 100% identical to the hardware versions, but the 550A, 550B and 560 EQ plugins are wonderful. Even when not boosting or cutting any frequencies, but just driving the gain a little, it adds a subtle coloration to your signal, like a preamp could/would.
Just make sure your file was recorded with a decent pre. Not necessarily an expensive one, but at least a transparent/clean one.
I record my tracks with either a Presonus Firestudio or a Mackie Onyx 400F and run every single track through an EQ plugin. I try to use different ones for each instrument. This creates nice separation between instruments.
Again, I might not necessarily boost or cust any frequencies, but I'll drive the gain of the EQ plugin a little, which will add the plugin's "sound" to the track. Sometimes you'll have to pull back the master gain of the track a little to create headroom to drive the EQ plugin's gain.
I use the SSL 4000 EQ to most of my drum tracks, the API's and VQ4 to most other tracks. There's also a nice PSP EQ, as well as the URS's (love the N12 and N Series).

d.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Can't believe this thread is still alive. Where is the "shooting yourself in the head" smiley when you need it?

Ed
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by edcampos ➡️
Can't believe this thread is still alive. Where is the "shooting yourself in the head" smiley when you need it?

Ed

Compliments of Tony B.
Old 4th March 2010 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by eclectic ➡️
I'm still waiting for the "Pick-A-Mix" plug-in with the Chris Lord-Alge preset.
lol
Old 4th March 2010 | Show parent
Here for the gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeniorityFedup ➡️
lol
You should see my "Direct-to-charts-plugin" with the big "Good-Sound" knob.

Olllli
Old 24th March 2011 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
This probably seemed like a funny comment at the time...till the CLA artist series came out
Old 13th April 2012 | Show parent
Lives for gear

3 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Ancient thread, I know....
but seriously.... have you guys ever wondered if plugin designers at companies like Waves read through this website during their R&D meetings and try to write something that does what people jokingly invented some years ago?

Eclectic may well have invented the concept of this plugin for Waves LoL

cheers :-D
Old 24th July 2012
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Just to give a heads up to those who don't know. I have actually sampled some boutique preamps for nebula. Most are sampled at 192 khz using a prismsound orpheus. Nice for adding subtle colour.

Sent from my GT-P1000 using Gearslutz App
📝 Reply