High End Vocal Chain Suggestion - Page 2 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
High End Vocal Chain Suggestion
Old 9th October 2010
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
High End Vocal Chain Suggestion

Go with the Lavry AD10 over the Rosetta especially for vocals. My Lavry had a noticeable polish over my old Rosetta.
Old 9th October 2010 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
I know its a matter of taste, but I would buy a used original U87 mic with the place inside for the battery, before I would buy a Sony C800g. You could almost buy 2 used U87 mics for the price of one C800g. The c800g is more of special purpose mic, it works on some voices, but not on others. The U87 on the other hand, works on almost any voice and can also be used as an instrument or drum mic and it has a wonderful professional warm sound that I prefer.
Old 10th October 2010 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Olhsson ➡️
The 87 is a lot less demanding of great studio acoustics than the Sony.

I'd rent some mikes to check out for a day in your room.
this is the best advice you're going to get thumbsup, people will list whatever they got in their hands and sounds good in their rooms, which is great for them, I'm not saying c800 will sound bad.. it also much depends on the source your recording. you could never know until you demo some Mic's in your place.

as far as micpre's, i would look for a clean one (GML, Millennia etc..) and maybe another tube pre or neve'ish so you have a variety to choose from depending on voc your recording.

for compressor, you cant be wrong with either CL-1b or LA2A for tracking, i would get another 1176 or distressor for mix.

I'm very happy with my Apogee x converters, i heard the Lynx and they are great too... hear before spending any cash.

good luck..
📝 Reply