Quantcast
Any other GS freaks recently buy a FLEA 47? - Page 3 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Any other GS freaks recently buy a FLEA 47?
Old 7th August 2016 | Show parent
  #61
Lives for gear
 
Plush's Avatar
 
5 Reviews written
🎧 15 years
Still got a huge erection here over my FLEA mics.
Old 7th August 2016 | Show parent
  #62
Gear Maniac
 
🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plush ➡️
Still got a huge erection here over my FLEA mics.
Shouldn't you call your doctor for any lasting longer than 4 hours?
Old 7th August 2016 | Show parent
  #63
Gear Maniac
 
2 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plush ➡️
Still got a huge erection here over my FLEA mics.
better than viagra jajajaa

I think Thiersch M7 PVC and Beesneez K7 upgrade is a must for Flea U47
should give a try
Old 7th August 2016 | Show parent
  #64
Lives for gear
 
🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by LMNproyect ➡️
I think Thiersch M7 PVC and Beesneez K7 upgrade is a must for Flea U47
should give a try
Wouldn't it get a little crowded in there?
Old 7th August 2016 | Show parent
  #65
Lives for gear
 
🎧 5 years
Oops, missed your earlier post.
Switchable heads, huh?
I wish mine had that.
Old 7th August 2016
  #66
Moderator
 
James Lugo's Avatar
 
🎧 15 years
When I first got to Nashville a year ago I started tracking a lot of female demos and just wasn't happy with what I was hearing and bought a Flea 47 from VK Nashville and I gotta say I had talked some smack in the past about the Flea but I use it on ever record and love it. I've really been liking it with the Montessi Red>cl1b. Just sounds right.
Old 7th August 2016 | Show parent
  #67
Gear Maniac
 
🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Lugo ➡️
When I first got to Nashville a year ago I started tracking a lot of female demos and just wasn't happy with what I was hearing and bought a Flea 47 from VK Nashville and I gotta say I had talked some smack in the past about the Flea but I use it on ever record and love it. I've really been liking it with the Montessi Red>cl1b. Just sounds right.
Hi James -- I watched all your videos from during your mic search. Excellent resources for so many of us, so thanks so much for those. Would you mind comparing the Flea 47 to the Tele 47, the Heiserman FET47 and the Gefell you had? Not sure if you ever tried the Pearlman TM-47 specifically, but that too if you have tried it. (Thought Pearlman 250 sounded really great on you btw, but don't want to derail into 250/251s here on the OP.). Anyway, any thoughts on the Flea 47 vs. those other mics would be great in terms of lows, mids and high end. Also, can you pls say which tube you are using in the Flea in female vox chain you just detailed. Thanks!
Old 7th August 2016 | Show parent
  #68
Gear Maniac
 
2 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by RecMyWorld ➡️
Hi James -- I watched all your videos from during your mic search. Excellent resources for so many of us, so thanks so much for those. Would you mind comparing the Flea 47 to the Tele 47, the Heiserman FET47 and the Gefell you had? Not sure if you ever tried the Pearlman TM-47 specifically, but that too if you have tried it. (Thought Pearlman 250 sounded really great on you btw, but don't want to derail into 250/251s here on the OP.). Anyway, any thoughts on the Flea 47 vs. those other mics would be great in terms of lows, mids and high end. Also, can you pls say which tube you are using in the Flea in female vox chain you just detailed. Thanks!
here is a video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BVhJupnT5Uw

seems like vintage VF14M tube has a little more lows meat than VF14K and EF12

Flea and Tele sounds very similar

i read that telefunken U47 M7 capsule is mylar not PVC. I think this vintage U47 maybe had a M7 PVC reskined
Old 8th August 2016 | Show parent
  #69
Gear Maniac
 
2 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Lugo ➡️
When I first got to Nashville a year ago I started tracking a lot of female demos and just wasn't happy with what I was hearing and bought a Flea 47 from VK Nashville and I gotta say I had talked some smack in the past about the Flea but I use it on ever record and love it. I've really been liking it with the Montessi Red>cl1b. Just sounds right.

Hi James, i read a post from you where you said that you chose the Telefunken U47 instead of Flea u47 because was more dark.

Now that you have the Flea U47 in your hands for a while, how you compare both mics? Still prefer the Telefunken more ? which differences you find soundwise in both?
Old 8th August 2016
  #70
Gear Maniac
 
2 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
some great reviews. Peter Gabriel engineer talking about Flea as remplacement of his vintage u47
FLEA Microphone Reviews
Old 9th August 2016
  #71
Lives for gear
 
ChaseUTB's Avatar
 
🎧 5 years
Original m7 capsules were pvc based not Mylar based, henceforth why Neumann switched to the Mylar k47 capsule in 1958. The Thiersch blue line is reminiscent of the original PVC m7 although it obviously is not 1:1 and has differences. Can we please post facts regarding these wonderful mics and their parts and not post hearsay that takes two seconds to fact check

Archive - U47, which capsule: m7 or k47
Old 9th August 2016 | Show parent
  #72
Gear Maniac
 
2 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseUTB ➡️
Original m7 capsules were pvc based not Mylar based, henceforth why Neumann switched to the Mylar k47 capsule in 1958. The Thiersch blue line is reminiscent of the original PVC m7 although it obviously is not 1:1 and has differences. Can we please post facts regarding these wonderful mics and their parts and not post hearsay that takes two seconds to fact check

Archive - U47, which capsule: m7 or k47
hi , i mean the new Telefunken U47 M7 (not vintage), read first in their web side before posting and answer.


from their web side: (copy paste , im not invented)
M7 Large Diaphragm Dual Sided Capsule
The TELEFUNKEN M7 capsule is our exact recreation of the original M7 capsule. The backplate and hole pattern are machined identical to the original, and the capsule is hand-skinned and tensioned. The M7 was originally designed in the 1930's, but most known for its use in the U47 and U48 microphones. Capsule Diameter: 31.8 mm Membrance Diameter: 26 mm Membrance Material: 6-micron gold-coated mylar

both mylar and pvc M7 are available by request and build by Thiersch
http://recordinghacks.com/microphone...funken-USA/U47
actual M7 replacement
http://store.t-funk.com/p/m7-capsule?pp=24

I already know as everybody that original vintage M7 were PVC and they switch to k47 mylar, so how great news!!! but im talking about this era 2016 the Telefunken U47 that is right now.

you must read correctly what i wrote before answer.

<snip - please don't goad others like this - keep it on topic>

DO you have a FLea u47? please lets keep talking about Flea U47 thats whats about this thread not neumann
PD: so can we please do not post facts of these wonderfull mics and their parts before reading carefully well what others are writing

Last edited by psycho_monkey; 9th August 2016 at 09:18 AM..
📝 Reply

Similar Threads

Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post
replies: 98 views: 46152
Avatar for nst7
nst7 14th February 2014
replies: 817 views: 147196
Avatar for Deleted 222f60c
Deleted 222f60c 19th March 2019
replies: 2704 views: 407879
Avatar for Diogo C
Diogo C 30th October 2015
replies: 291 views: 54315
Avatar for Rixsta
Rixsta 21st May 2017
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…

Forum Jump
Forum Jump