Quantcast
Any other GS freaks recently buy a FLEA 47? - Page 2 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Any other GS freaks recently buy a FLEA 47?
Old 22nd April 2009 | Show parent
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
thanks... very close..

i think the flea 47 is more close to neumann u47 than Wunder cm7 to neumann u47

anyone with the same idea ?
Old 22nd April 2009 | Show parent
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
lets hope isnt the mic position...
Old 23rd April 2009 | Show parent
Lives for gear

5 Reviews written
🎧 15 years
Sorry but I don't post comparisons in mp3 on line.

I only describe what I hear with my own ears.

FLEA makes excellent microphones that use legendary tube technique.
The sound of the FLEA mics is adjudicated to be "special."
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbjp ➡️
Their website is one of the most, if not **the** most frustrating manufacturer's website I've ever come across. I had to close it after a minute. And the section where you buy stuff doesn't work.
+10000
Lives for gear

2 Reviews written
🎧 15 years
I will compare the FLEA47 to a Grosser made 47 the next weeks. Will post files when iz´s done. There s a small but realistic chance I will get an original U47 for the comparison as well.

Rock!
Pat
Old 8th June 2009 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildCowboys ➡️
Fantastic sounding mic. In contrast to many other 47-clones I have heard it has the "old" sound (imho) that is characterized by the low mids and mids that sound soft/round/pillowy. All other clones I have heard so far were lacking this quality...so basically I love the FLEA47 - although I have to admit I only have had a few chances to play with it so far, only recorded singing and spoken voice with it in cardioid. Also tried vox in omni but did not like it much.
A funny thing is that it sounds closer to my U87ai than I imagined it would. Put the two up side by side, and although the FLEA has this "tube" thing in the low mids and mids going on, they are pretty close in character (and I have to admit I never was a big fan of the U87 on vocals except maybe spoken voice). If anyone is interested I can maybe dig out the files and post them, FLEA/U87 side by side on a vocal take....

Rock on!
Pat
Hey Pat.
I would love to hear the U87ai comparsion against the Flea 47!
Could you post it? Thank you!
Old 9th June 2009 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Question about the Flea "K7" " exact" replica of an M7. Are they PVC skinned membranes and are they re-skinned original Berlin backplates or their own backplate.
Old 26th August 2009 | Show parent
Lives for gear

4 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
As Mr.Plush told earlyer i sell Flea mics and i have Pair of Flea47 and Flea12 in our own use so i think i know what im talking about

i was amazed when i test it the first one, i really didnt know that it was possible to make such near copyes of those classic units, i have tested many others brands as well..
They have really done a great job and the support is the best in the world.
Kind regards
Masi
Äänitysstudio Studio 57
studio57(at)studio57.fi
Old 27th August 2009 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by climber ➡️
+10000

Please include photos of the gutz.
Lives for gear

4 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
did PM you
Check out this one

https://gearspace.com/board/gearslut...en-flea47.html
Gear Nut

🎧 15 years
I recently buy one and it´s sound really good, so happy with my new Flea 47
Old 3rd September 2009 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Any one else got a Flea??
Lives for gear

5 Reviews written
🎧 15 years
Yeah I got two FLEA mics. 1 FLEA49 and 1 FLEA 47--- both are incredible. Specifically, what would you like to know DONNX?
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by DONNX ➡️
Any one else got a Flea??
There is a shootout with FLEA 50, FLEA 49 and Brauner Valvet here.
Lives for gear

2 Reviews written
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plush ➡️
Yeah I got two FLEA mics. 1 FLEA49 and 1 FLEA 47--- both are incredible. Specifically, what would you like to know DONNX?
Hi Plush, I own a Flea47 and had a Flea49 for an hour to test it. On close miced vocals the 49 was very similar in character to the Flea47 but a bit darker. It did not have the presence bump that the 47 grill introduces. Can you confirm this experience owning both for a longer time?
Best,
Pat
Old 4th September 2009 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plush ➡️

Thanks for the reply Plush. I have seen many of your post concerning the Flea mics and do appreciate them. Just trying to keep the thread alive. To hear more opinions from other users. Seeing that you are a fan is a good thing.

I may buy one soon. Just trying to get more info on them.

Have you compared them to a real U47? Wunder CM7, Wagner, Telefunken?

Thanks!
Lives for gear

5 Reviews written
🎧 15 years
Hello Cowboy and DONNX,

The FLEA 49 sounds like a real Neumann M49 with the opulent round sound and the soft around the edges characteristic of the real 49. It's true that the FLEA 47, like the real thing, has the presence boost and sparkly treble that the 47 is famous for.

For DONNX--yes I have compared the FLEA 47 to a very good example of a Neumann U47. They sounded virtually the same. The only thing that defined the Neumann U47 as different was that it had that very distinct tubey quality. The FLEA 47 did not have the same thickness of the Neumann U47. The FLEA sound was thick but not AS thick.

The differences were subtle, however, and could probably only be heard by those who are very familiar with the tell tale qualities of the real 47 as a species.

All in all the more I use the FLEA mics the more I admire what FLEA has done.
Gear Addict

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Recently bought a Flea 47 and I'm really happy with it. Smooth as silk plus a lot of low end.
Old 8th September 2009 | Show parent
Lives for gear

2 Reviews written
🎧 15 years
Thanks Plush!
There is a nice comparison online that the guy did who makes the "Swedien" Mic. It has vocal clips of a 87, Swedien, two U47 types and a Flea47. One 47 is darker (one could say thicker) while the other is brighter (one could say thinner) than the Flea47, which is in the "golden middle" between the two originals. Maybe I am biased as a Flea47 owner but I thought one was a little too dull for many applications whereas the other was a little bright as a universal vocal mic (while sounding very good though). I think the balance of the Flea was pretty much perfect.
Best,
Pat
Old 5th October 2009 | Show parent
Gear Addict

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildCowboys ➡️
Thanks Plush!
There is a nice comparison online that the guy did who makes the "Swedien" Mic. It has vocal clips of a 87, Swedien, two U47 types and a Flea47. One 47 is darker (one could say thicker) while the other is brighter (one could say thinner) than the Flea47, which is in the "golden middle" between the two originals. Maybe I am biased as a Flea47 owner but I thought one was a little too dull for many applications whereas the other was a little bright as a universal vocal mic (while sounding very good though). I think the balance of the Flea was pretty much perfect.
Best,
Pat
Hey Pat;
Can you provide a link to that comparison?
Can't find it so far.
thnx;
scott
Lives for gear

2 Reviews written
🎧 15 years
Scott,
go to

The NU-47 microphone project

click on "sounds" and you can listen or download several comparisons!

Best,
Pat
Gear Addict

🎧 15 years
thanks
Old 31st January 2010
Here for the gear

🎧 10 years
Would love to read more feedback

any thing about EF14 vs EF12 vs UF14 ?
Old 23rd April 2010 | Show parent
Gear Nut

🎧 10 years
forum.flea-microphones.com • View topic - The character of the different tube types

this is a brief description of the differences between tubes. I must say it leaves me slightly confused, but according to this, both vf14 and ef12 sound the same when put into the context of placing the vocal track in a mix? That's what I took from it.

The ef12 is supposed to be the substitute for the vf14, not the ef14... I think.

I think I will go for a flea 47 soon
Old 17th April 2014 | Show parent
Lives for gear

93 Reviews written
🎧 15 years
I have a Flea 47 - beautiful mic it sounds like the original all the hallmarks of a U47 are there.
I would love one of their 49's on the list.....
Old 16th August 2014 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
I just got my Flea 47 today and tracked some scratch vocals. This thing sounds huge. Much bigger sounding than any mic I have used before. I pulled up tracks from a mic shoot out that I did at Blackbird a couple of years ago. The Flea is bigger sounding than that particular 47. I have no info on the history of that 47 and I don't know if it was an M7 or K47 capsule, but I am surprised that the Flea has more balls. I think I'm going to love this thing.
Old 16th August 2014 | Show parent
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by arasandvolodkas ➡️
forum.flea-microphones.com • View topic - The character of the different tube types

this is a brief description of the differences between tubes. I must say it leaves me slightly confused, but according to this, both vf14 and ef12 sound the same when put into the context of placing the vocal track in a mix? That's what I took from it.

The ef12 is supposed to be the substitute for the vf14, not the ef14... I think.
Unfortunately that link has gone missing. But here is a link that says the same about the EF12.

http://www.u47lovers.com/index.php/site/page/Flea-47

But, an EF11,12, 13 and 15 can be substituted in my Pearlman so the EF12/VF14 philosophy may be misleading.
Old 6th August 2016
Gear Maniac

2 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
i think i come late to the party.

I have a Flea U47 with Thiersch M7 PVC capsule and K7 (k47) Beesneez with both heads to switch on the fly. Best mic i ever had , kills down my U87AI and Rode Classic II.

Each capsules has their own flavor:
Thiersch M7 has a little more bottom at 200hz and below , and has a very pretty silky detailed high end at 10khz (i think PVC is more detailed in top end) more vintage overall
Beesneez K7 K47 has more body in the mids and more presence in the high mids 2-4 khz and a bit less high end at 10khz , a bit more modern but sounds wonderfull

both shares a similar signature sound.
i never thought the high end detail on PVC capsules were so silky lovely until i try the Thiersch M7 PVC blue line
people said that Thiersch M7 blue line is brighter than stock F7 mylar flea, i think Thiersch capsule is perfect for me.

my vocal chain is: Flea U47 - Heritage Neve 1073 - LA500 (la3a clone) - hairball audio 1176 blue stripe - Pultec EQP-1A clone from Proreplicas - Mytek 192 , and then later to Rupert neve 542 tape emulator.

about EF14 vs EF12 vs UF14 tubes , Ivan told me that EF14 and UF14 are brighter than EF12. Flea u47 is not a dark mic al all so the softer EF12 will be the best choose i think.
Old 6th August 2016 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

2 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by kats ➡️
Question about the Flea "K7" " exact" replica of an M7. Are they PVC skinned membranes and are they re-skinned original Berlin backplates or their own backplate.
hi Bob, so nice to see you in this threat.

i think Ivan told me that their stock K7 M7 is mylar and skinned from Thiersch from what i remember with their own backplate
Old 6th August 2016
Gear Nut

🎧 10 years
Just bought a FLea 47 and it is awesome! Sound,build quality and it looks bad ass!! I have used many med level mics and this is my first high end microphone. All I can say it is worth every penny!!
📝 Reply