Paisley Park Studios - out of business? - Page 2 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Paisley Park Studios - out of business?
Old 29th June 2011 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by thenoodle ➡️

I see Prince announced last week that he will never ever release another album due to piracy, no money in it etc etc.

Some other guy mentioned somewhere that he drove over to PP and it had weeds everywhere and was pretty deserted but Prince still owns it and has placed all the records ever made there out of print. And you can't rent the place to record there yourself because... well .. haven't really got that one down yet.

So does this mean that Prince owns PP, but doesn't record there, but instead records here in LA to make all those records that he's never going to release?
Try doing 20+ years of heavy cocaine abuse and see if you end up any better than Charlie Sheen. If your still alive after those 20+ years, take a walk down the street one day and see if the world is still the same place you thought it was when you were young - you might find the process illuminating.
Old 19th April 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Prince s new 4000e

i met a bloke who told me he was at SSl last autumn and saw Prince s brand new one off custom built 4000e to be finished in Purple, in manufacture
i wonder were that will be installed?
steve
Old 3rd September 2013 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

🎧 15 years
Dug this thread up...any new updates?
Old 3rd September 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Prince...his name says it all. What a weird & wonderful musician. They'll never ever be another like him. Sure there r some musicians that r also off the talent meter but come on, PRINCE! That's music & pop culture royalty right there. Like a Michael Jackson that played instruments. Speakin of MJ, Prince was pretty much his only rival at 1 time. No point hahaa just tossing in some words about an artist that i grew up on..

Cheers!

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G
Old 3rd September 2013
Gear Guru

1 Review written
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Filthrill ➡️
Speakin of MJ, Prince was pretty much his only rival at 1 time.

...and Michael Jackson's son is named Prince Michael.
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by elambo ➡️
...and Michael Jackson's son is named Prince Michael.
Mind Blown
Solid State Logic

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Honest ➡️
i met a bloke who told me he was at SSl last autumn and saw Prince s brand new one off custom built 4000e to be finished in Purple, in manufacture
i wonder were that will be installed?
steve
A lovely story, but far from the truth I'm afraid.
I'm a huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge Prince fan so would have been sure to know about it - the desks are assembled next to the the stairs in the factory I walk up every day. We have sold 2 desks into Paisley Park (IIRC a 6000E which was replaced by a 8000G+) but have not done any custom purple desks for quite some time.

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] ➡️
I'm a huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge Prince fan so would have been sure to know about it - the desks are assembled next to the the stairs in the factory I walk up every day. We have sold 2 desks into Paisley Park (IIRC a 6000E which was replaced by a 8000G+) but have not done any custom purple desks for quite some time.
From the horses mouth. This is why I love GS. (I'm not calling you a horse Jim.)
Lives for gear

Quote:
I'm not calling you a horse Jim.
hahaha.... and this is why I love GS.

R.
Solid State Logic

🎧 10 years
Quote:
From the horses mouth. This is why I love GS. (I'm not calling you a horse Jim.)
I've been called worse
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
I'm a huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge Prince fan so would have been sure to know about it ...
You may be wrong on this one. I think someone told me about a guy who saw an article online where somebody saw the purchase order from Prince where the specs were pretty detailed....

The new console was to have NO talkback circuits (Prince already has a green console made of nothing BUT talkback modules), each channel was to have its own wa-wa circuit (controlled with small spring-loaded fingertip operated rocker pedals replacing where small faders would normally have been). There was also the interesting line towards the end of the purchase order that stated no one on the planet named "Jim" was to have knowledge of the build or the order would be instantly canceled.

I'm actually still interested in if anyone ever mowed the grass at Paisley Park. If not, it must be really hard to see the building by now.

By the way Jim, have you seen my new Nucleus being built anywhere over there by the stairs? It's the one Prince is picking up the tab for me on.
Old 4th September 2013 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
I've been called worse
Straight from the worse's mouth!
Old 4th September 2013 | Show parent

🎧 10 years
I just read that Prince's new record has just been released:

New Prince single 'Breakfast can wait' out now | SupaJam / News
Old 25th August 2015
Gear Addict

3 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
To anyone who might know someone who worked at Paisley Park in 1993... I am hoping to get some questions answered. Please PM me. Thanks.
Old 13th June 2016
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
Wow....how y'all feel now! I was searching for something PP related and ran into this string. What awful things to say. :(
Old 13th June 2016 | Show parent
Gear Guru

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince4ever ➡️
Wow....how y'all feel now! I was searching for something PP related and ran into this string. What awful things to say. :(
Which things? The part of his eccentricity? The part about his genius? Or are you referring to the part about how difficult he was known to have been to work with?

Nothing awful, really.
Old 14th June 2016 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
The person from two posts above may have been referring to this quote below...RIP Prince. I wasn't much of a fan until the last 8 years or so. ....Here is the nasty quote...

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitepapagold ➡️
Thats the best ever still... When he turned with Larry Graham... Awesome. Prince... a man of god now. Yet he still has ALL his riches! Hes such an ass... Not debateable- ask those who know him... really know him.

Theres no question that affected the studio in a BIG way...

And proved that while the consumate musician, Prince is a complete fool! Maybe Scientology next! I wonder if he thinks he has also been chosen by god to rule the earth... Im not making that up- that Jehovahs for you!heh

At least all that great gear is sitting and waiting for his ass to die and then it will be released back into the wild for us (dismantled and sold)... Im fine with that!
Old 14th June 2016
Gear Guru
The studio is in probate court and will be sold off to distribute the earnings to the heirs.

Look for the auction as soon as the court case is decided.
Old 14th June 2016
Gear Guru

2 Reviews written
🎧 15 years
so i can get a Purple Herman Miller !!! sweet ... i heard rumors of a Museum !!!! with a lifelike Blowup Prince thats Sings !!!! Graceland 2.0
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitepapagold ➡️
Thats the best ever still... When he turned with Larry Graham... Awesome. Prince... a man of god now. Yet he still has ALL his riches! Hes such an ass... Not debateable- ask those who know him... really know him.

Theres no question that affected the studio in a BIG way...

And proved that while the consumate musician, Prince is a complete fool! Maybe Scientology next! I wonder if he thinks he has also been chosen by god to rule the earth... Im not making that up- that Jehovahs for you!heh

At least all that great gear is sitting and waiting for his ass to die and then it will be released back into the wild for us (dismantled and sold)... Im fine with that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motoxxx ➡️
The person from two posts above may have been referring to this quote below...RIP Prince. I wasn't much of a fan until the last 8 years or so. ....Here is the nasty quote...

The quote is especially vile considering the vast amounts of money that Prince donated to charities (without making a PR friendly song and dance about it).

Nothing like a bit of envy eh?
Gear Guru

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motoxxx ➡️
The person from two posts above may have been referring to this quote below... ....Here is the nasty quote...
Ah, I had forgotten about that post nearly as soon as I read it. No time for such nonsense.
Old 6th September 2016 | Show parent
Gear Guru

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Paisley Park To Hold Job Fair In Preparation For Public Tours
Paisley Park To Hold Job Fair In Preparation For Public Tours « WCCO | CBS Minnesota

https://www.officialpaisleypark.com/
Old 8th September 2016 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Hey, that's GREAT news. I hated the idea of seeing Paisley Park gutted and sold off mic by mic and cable by cable. I would have tried to pick up some of those pieces, just because.

But it's better to see it as a museum and hopefully a working studio again at some point. I know I'll be stopping by next time I am in Minneapolis.
Old 29th November 2016 | Show parent
Gear Guru

🎧 15 years
Paisley Park to Honor Prince's Legacy With Four-Day 2017 Event

Ok, WHAT?

General Admission Passes ($499.00*)
VIP Passes ($999.00*)

Insane! Prince's family is really trying to milk this. Disgusting.
Old 30th November 2016 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
9K for electric lady?
📝 Reply