Quantcast
ONE really nice, lush, highend reverb - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
ONE really nice, lush, highend reverb
Old 28th January 2009
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
ONE really nice, lush, highend reverb

lately in rap productions i'm hearing lots of big verbs on synths and vox, plus i miss my old lexiverb from years back and want something similar. i've got waves platinum and i'm about to upgrade to diamond, which means i'll have IR-lite, R-verb, real verb, and whatever else comes with diamond these days.

i feel like the above (especially IR-L) will cover most of my various needs for reverbs, which i usually use sparingly and bury in the mix anyway.... but i need one nice, big, top-dollar sounding hall/church kinda deal to make things sound lush and pretty when applicable (also i could see using something like that way back in the mix for vox as well...)

anyway i don't have the budget for a variety of high end plug-ins so i need to get just one, and my budget is around $800 (though i could come up some, i guess, if i had to)

i was looking at eventide's "eventide reverb" (catchy name huh? lol) isn't that sorta brian eno's go-to verb, plastered all over joshua tree, etc? is there something else i should be considering?

i'm running protools HD|2, but i considered getting an rtas version to save money if what i decide i really want costs over $800-1000 for tdm.

EDIT: please note, for various reasons (mostly me living in the hot, humid, close to the ocean tropics, in a country where you can't source this stuff, and having viciously corrupt customs guys who basically just try to take you for what they can any time you import something expensive into the country) i'm not intersted in outboard gear - just high end protools plug-ins.
Old 28th January 2009
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
surely someone has an opinion in this... am i posting in the wrong section or something?

anyone tried the eventide reverb? it's based on the h8000, it's kinda a classic isn't it?
Old 28th January 2009 | Show parent
Gear Addict

🎧 15 years
Bricatsi M7 seems to be the new standard.
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
the Bricasti is the hot new reverb...but way above budget...and not a plug-in

Howabout TC's VSS3 ??
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEHARRIS ➑️
the Bricasti is the hot new reverb...but way above budget...and not a plug-in

Howabout TC's VSS3 ??
And not lush.
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
If your on a budget a Sony R7
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
pcm96

Lexicon pcm96 is a really nice, lush, high end reverb.

or the pcm 70 is lush too.
Here for the gear

🎧 15 years
Reverb

At Namm I fully auditioned Bricasti M7. If you are serious - save your pennies and get one!
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
If you're looking for a plugin, you might try Breverb.

Overloud - PROFESSIONAL AUDIO TOOLS
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by redroom ➑️
If your on a budget a Sony R7
I have one of these, and it does not suck. Tweakable to the 'nth degree, just does verb, not a mult-f/x box.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
I like the UAD Plate reverb, sounds awesome. Use it for drums. I also use UAD's Dreamverb and realverb as well as IK's CSR.
Old 28th January 2009
Lives for gear

5 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by messiahwannabe ➑️
lately in rap productions i'm hearing lots of big verbs on synths and vox, plus i miss my old lexiverb from years back and want something similar. i've got waves platinum and i'm about to upgrade to diamond, which means i'll have IR-lite, R-verb, real verb, and whatever else comes with diamond these days.

i feel like the above (especially IR-L) will cover most of my various needs for reverbs, which i usually use sparingly and bury in the mix anyway.... but i need one nice, big, top-dollar sounding hall/church kinda deal to make things sound lush and pretty when applicable (also i could see using something like that way back in the mix for vox as well...)

anyway i don't have the budget for a variety of high end plug-ins so i need to get just one, and my budget is around $800 (though i could come up some, i guess, if i had to)

i was looking at eventide's "eventide reverb" (catchy name huh? lol) isn't that sorta brian eno's go-to verb, plastered all over joshua tree, etc? is there something else i should be considering?

i'm running protools HD|2, but i considered getting an rtas version to save money if what i decide i really want costs over $800-1000 for tdm.
Waves IR1 has amazing rooms and they did not take the short cut in just doing simple balloon burst like the cheaper impulses that you can get for free. In addition under Devices in the IR1 folder they have great impulses of the Lex 480. What I like about the IR1 over the cheaper conv plug ins is the extra flexibility it has over cheaper plug ins. Here is a good review which explains it's features. Waves IR-1 Convolution Reverb Review by Glenn Bucci

No it won't compare to a PCM96 or Bricatsi M7, but for a plug in, it's pretty damm good.
Gear Nut

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Space Station ➑️
And not lush.
But keep in mind, the Bricasti v2 upgrade is going to feature all lush Lexicon-type reverbs and delays - and you can bet they're gonna do it better than anyone else. If you know the M7, then you know exactly what I mean. Right before I bought mine, I thought: "If I don't buy a Bricasti, then every time it's mentioned I'm going to wish I had." It's weird; I didn't feel that way about any of the other verbs I was considering. The M7 has that distinct quality where you know in your gut that it's the best and you'll be missing out on something huge by not owning it.
Here for the gear

🎧 15 years
Bricasti upgrade

Casey Dowdell, co-founder and designer at Bricasti promises that v2 will really and truly blow us all away - Given what they have accomplished thus far I am pumped. I understand upgrading an exisiting box will be painless.

Despite the noise floor at NAMM - its sound is so natural and so enthrawling that it seems to settle the sound of the source material in a natural and unhurried way. It feels as good as it sounds.
Lives for gear

Check out Altiverb for $800<
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by delon ➑️
Casey Dowdell, co-founder and designer at Bricasti promises that v2 will really and truly blow us all away - Given what they have accomplished thus far I am pumped...
Is this here a meeting of the "anonymus marketing for dummies" group?
Here for the gear

🎧 15 years
No - I have nothing to do with Bricasti - I just like the unit
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
In the plugin world, Altiverb is what you want. Between that and Waves you'll have the ulitmate in convolution options.

The UAD Plate 140 is killer, but it is clearly a plate and will not sound like a church. The Dreamverb is decent for ultra-long spaces , though I seem to have the minority opinion there.
Lives for gear

Eventide 2016.

Princeton Digital is doing the plugin. Pretty lush, sounds great. Room, plate and stereo room are all brilliant.

TC Electronic has a reverb pack of the VSS3, DVR2 and Non-Lin for around 1000 bucks. The DVR2 is pretty lush--it's based on the EMT 250, although as you'd expect it's not the real thing. Still sounds nice though. Awesome for vocals.
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
There are lots of options with the lowly SIR and the amazing number of impulses available online
i'm with meeker... for electronic productions i'd get an eventide 2016
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11413 ➑️
i'm with meeker... for electronic productions i'd get an eventide 2016

The 2016 is on my list of verbs to own at some point in my life too. Here is a site with some samples that I think show how cool this box is.

Eventide Princeton Digital 2016 demo mp3s
Gear Guru

🎧 15 years
Quote:
my budget is around $800

Why are people talking about the M7?

For that price or just a slight bit more, I would go with a used TC M3000, or a Roland R-880 if you can find it.
Gear Guru

4 Reviews written
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash ➑️
The 2016 is on my list of verbs to own at some point in my life too. Here is a site with some samples that I think show how cool this box is.

Eventide Princeton Digital 2016 demo mp3s
The plug ins lack some of the depth of the new outboard unit & the new outboard unit lacks the warmth & blending of the original. The problem with the original like the original H910 is the noise sometimes. I own all 3 and use them at times.

It wouldn't be my choice for lush reverbs though. Its made its name with the stereo room sounds. Also what you hear on alot of records is a couple of different units working together not just one unit pulling all the weight.
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sounds Great ➑️
Why are people talking about the M7?

For that price or just a slight bit more, I would go with a used TC M3000, or a Roland R-880 if you can find it.
The R-880 is great if you love diving in deep and creating really tweaked programs. It has a good remote with a decent screen and fairly easy to navigate set of buttons, knobs and cursor keys. You can get pretty crazy with the algorithms. IMHO, it's not the fastest box in the world if all you want to do is change the decay time or the HF rolloff on a patch, but if you like moving around the modules that make up the algorithm and creating new signal flows, this would be a good box for you.

If you search the forums, you can find a lot of opinions on the R-880. One little mentioned fact is that it's got digital In and Out (fiber optic and coaxial), so if you wanted to stay digital it'll do that too.

I have two right now and would be willing to let one go for $800 plus shipping.
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
Just echoing the Altiverb recommendations. It's a good price, sounds great and offers a lot of flexibility!
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by slopeshoulder ➑️
Bricatsi M7 seems to be the new standard.
The standard for what?
There is no standard. It is like saying: A-Major is the new standard.
Gear Addict

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by audio ergo sum ➑️
The standard for what?
There is no standard. It is like saying: A-Major is the new standard.
A-Major IS the new standard!!!!!! I won't write in any other key until there's a new new standard. Personally, I'm hoping for A-Minor. But point me t the crowd. I'll follow.
Gear Guru

4 Reviews written
🎧 15 years
Quote:
I'm hoping for A-Minor.
Alecia Keys already beat you to it.
Old 29th January 2009 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Quote:
A-Major IS the new standard!!!!!! I won't write in any other key until there's a new new standard. Personally, I'm hoping for A-Minor. But point me t the crowd. I'll follow.
I like E actually...for guitar anyway...Jimi hendrix set the standard for this long ago...with Voodoo child. LOL!!
Astro
πŸ“ Reply