Quantcast
Lavry vs Benchmark vs Apogee - Page 2 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Lavry vs Benchmark vs Apogee
Old 30th January 2009 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
micslut,
knowing where to focus is as important, maybe even more important than exactly what you get.

the dacs you mention will get you maybe an extra few %, but the core oldskool GS people who know what they are talking about are usually working within the confines of what they're already given, you on the other hand seem to be creating...(i just hit your myspace for 2 seconds)

i see too many songwriters and producers focusing on the wrong things,

i do like the lavry da10, but to be honest i can/have worked with all you mentioned except the usb apogee (the hi end apogees are fine, haven't heard the usb one). also having only a 2ch is hard when you have some key outboard.

my rant is that creators of music tend to get caught up in minutae here, trying to fix music they didn't get into the box sounding good in the first place. like lame vocal chains, not enough good guitars, basses, drums, and amps and (rooms!) mics or demo vocalists, but of course they have the money for expensive dacs.

maybe you already got the dough and production setup, if so go wild and get lavry golds et al. if i were you id focus on other things if that's not the case. just my 2c,
Old 31st January 2009 | Show parent
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
lordmiguel,

i have no myspace account. I was upgrading from a consumer class DA to some DA around $1000 and checked out the Apogee and the Benchmark. The difference was worth the price! I can not understand why you judge many songwriters and producers focusing on the wrong things. A good DA is essential for monitoring /tracking because you can only deceide on things when you hear them right. Also the thread starter was only interested in these 2ch DAs and has not said anything regarding any key outboard. So please stay to the topic and think about it! I only wanted to share my opinion regarding these units. In my room and for my needs i deceided to go with the Apogee instead of the Benchmark. just my 2c,
Lives for gear

6 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
I was thinking also between benchmark-lavry-mytek.
went with the mytek(helped it is located only a few towns away)

I just wish the mytek has clock out
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by MicSlut666 ➡️
lordmiguel,i have no myspace account.
sorry micslut, i thought you were the o.p.
Gear Head

🎧 10 years
I recon you have to listen to a few if possible. And when you listen think "Is this how I would mix the track, are things sitting in the right place?" Not " wow all that bass is great or... wow thats clear, or whatever".

I myself have the Dac-1 and only just discovered that different volumes make a massive difference check out this To all the Dac-1 Owners.. I haven't heard any other dac's so I can't compare. But when you get the dac-1 right and get used to it, I think its great. Its not over flattering like i have heard the Lavry black might be. I have heard everything sounds good on that thing. But again I haven't heard it.

good luck
📝 Reply