Quantcast
1073 price - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
1073 price
Old 25th January 2009
Gear Nut

🎧 10 years
1073 price

What's a fair price for a single racked AMS-Neve 1073 module? And are there really sound differences in the rack brands or is that just nitpicking?
Old 25th January 2009
Gear Nut

🎧 10 years
bump

c'mon, I'm trying to figure out which dealer to go with. Answers to these questions would really help me out now that I'm a stone's throw away from finally getting one of these things.
Old 25th January 2009 | Show parent
Lives for gear

2 Reviews written
🎧 15 years
Pricing is VERY chaotic right now b/c of the economy. So you may not get the definitive answer you're looking for.
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by spacious ➑️
bump

c'mon, I'm trying to figure out which dealer to go with. Answers to these questions would really help me out now that I'm a stone's throw away from finally getting one of these things.
VK hands down. VEEERY good CS. PRE-POST SALE. about 3800$ for the module + the rack. DO NOT BUY VK rack though, is noisy as sh*t. Get the AMS one!
Gear Nut

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by solidstate ➑️
VK hands down. VEEERY good CS. PRE-POST SALE. about 3800$ for the module + the rack. DO NOT BUY VK rack though, is noisy as sh*t. Get the AMS one!
I sent Ryan @ VK a price inquiry about this, but haven't heard back yet. Hopefully tomorrow. I really only need one 1073 right now, so I guess I'll have an empty slot on my AMS rack (I heard they don't make a single, just double and higher). BTW- I can't believe the VK rack is that noisy! That's a shame.
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Don't know where you're from - but certainly in this part of the globe (Aust), it's not a good time to buy and prices are moving around from month to month.
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
I can't believe the VK rack is that noisy! That's a shame.
Man i wish someone could have told me too before i bought mine

Anyway you did right to pick the module over the DPA man.. The module kick serious asses
Gear Nut

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Man i wish someone could have told me too before i bought mine

Anyway you did right to pick the module over the DPA man.. The module kick serious asses
I was looking at vintage ones, but I couldn't bring myself to spend over 7 grand on something worth a fraction of that. I don't care how legendary it is; I would feel like a giant sucker. The AMS modules sound the same anyway.
Old 26th January 2009 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
I think right now the economy is so phucked anything is possible. I suppose if people start seriously dumping gear they will be cheap. I don't know what cheap is but it wont be it's current price. If we start to see inflation, sky is the limit
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
Solidstate,

Did you own one of the VK Neve racks?

I have a 1073 right here in a VK rack and it's as quiet as a mouse and the module sounds awesome.

I also have the Great River NV preamps and the Portico 5012 and the Chandler LTD-1 to compare to my 1073 in the VK Rack and the VK rackmounted AMS NEVE 1073 sounds the best out of all of them.

Are you sure it's not you that is being noisy?
Gear Head

🎧 10 years
i had a silent one too.... and they do make a single.
Gear Nut

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by shayneallen ➑️
i had a silent one too.... and they do make a single.
They do make a single?? Ryan at VK wrote this to me:

"If you want the stereo AMS/Neve branded rack the cost is $1,300, they do not make a single space rack."

I wonder why he'd say that if it isn't so... unless you thought I meant VK.
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
They do make a single?? Ryan at VK wrote this to me:

"If you want the stereo AMS/Neve branded rack the cost is $1,300, they do not make a single space rack."

I wonder why he'd say that if it isn't so... unless you thought I meant VK.
Indeed. No single space ams branded one. If i were you i'd stay clear from the VK one though..Noise floor is outrageous. A tech guy check my unit several times and found no fault in my module. He took apart the guts of the rack and replaced everything with better parts. I don't have any problem now but i wasted so much time and money over this.
Just an heads up
Old 26th January 2009
Gear Nut

🎧 10 years
Does anyone know how much a vintage Neve 1073 cost when it was initially released? (in US dollars & please specify whether or not you're adjusting for inflation)
Old 27th January 2009 | Show parent
Gear Addict

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Indeed. No single space ams branded one. If i were you i'd stay clear from the VK one though..Noise floor is outrageous. A tech guy check my unit several times and found no fault in my module. He took apart the guts of the rack and replaced everything with better parts. I don't have any problem now but i wasted so much time and money over this.
Just an heads up
I think you have a bad VK box...
Mine hosting 2 1084, I can't complain because it's just great and don't know what noise you are talking about.
it's rather unfair to VK if only you is the only one complain about the noise.
Thanks
Sonny
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
But it is strange how many neve rack users always suggest the AMS rack over the others (botique audio for example). There must be some reason for this guidance.

There is probably a very few people here, if any who knows what a 1073 module cost back in the 70s in american dollars.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
The guy who owned the studio I was working out of this past summer told me he bought his Neves for around 800 a pop when they first came out. He's got ten : )
Gear Nut

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlotus ➑️
The guy who owned the studio I was working out of this past summer told me he bought his Neves for around 800 a pop when they first came out. He's got ten : )
Wow. Well, history repeats itself, so stock up on your Porticos while they're affordable (especially the 5016 at $1100). Those are criminallyunderrated machines on this site.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
when I get my 1073s back from Blake (Devitt), I'm gonna have them racked as well. Can't wait. hehheh
πŸ“ Reply