Quantcast
Syncing Pro Tools to Radar classic - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Syncing Pro Tools to Radar classic
Old 23rd January 2009
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Syncing Pro Tools to Radar classic

I have a Pro Tools mix plus system and I wanted to sync that up to an IZ Radar classic. Right now I have an 888/24 and am in the process of getting a digi usd. I was wondering if there is anyone here with a similar set up? I was hoping to have Pro Tools follow the radar. I kinda understand the syncing process but I wanted to make sure I have everything to do this and to see if this is possible.
Old 23rd January 2009
Here for the gear

🎧 10 years
i couldn't find all the info i needed on the radar system. does it have midi i/o? if so you need a midi interface for the cpu running mix. i suggest that you use midi clock and run pro tools as the master and radar as the slave. i've tried to run newer versions of pro tools, with upgraded sync capabilities, as the slave to no avail. i don't know why but it always seems delayed when trying to run pro tools as the slave. when i ran other devises as the slave, i did not have the delay issue. the other option is to run pro tools as the slave using midi time code. never liked it myself because you have to mess with the offset all the time. i like to turn everything on and go. if your not married to the radar, you might want to look into upgrading to hd. the accel cards have alot more dsp on them. and you do not have to run the digi converters with them. you can can apogee or aurora, and i'm sure several others that offer an optional hd card connection for them. worth looking into.
Old 23rd January 2009
70% Coffee, 30% Beer

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by theskycouldfly ➡️
I have a Pro Tools mix plus system and I wanted to sync that up to an IZ Radar classic. Right now I have an 888/24 and am in the process of getting a digi usd. I was wondering if there is anyone here with a similar set up? I was hoping to have Pro Tools follow the radar. I kinda understand the syncing process but I wanted to make sure I have everything to do this and to see if this is possible.
Does your RADAR has the Sync SMPTE I/O card? If it does, you can easily make RADAR to be the master or the Slave from your universal slave driver.
📝 Reply