Monitors - Krk, Genelec, K&H - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Monitors - Krk, Genelec, K&H
Old 22nd January 2009
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
Monitors - Krk, Genelec, K&H

Hey there!

I'm gonna buy new main monitors ...my mixing room measurements are 89" high (227 cm), 121" wide (308 cm) and 217" length (550 cm) - not too big...

For 3 years now, I have Genelec 1031a, but my mixes never translate very well...I'm sure there's something going on in the highs I don't like...(hyped) and it is difficult to estimate the lower mids...

As the room gets a professional acoustic treatment the next weeks, I intend to get new monitors.

I do Rock/Pop styles mainly.

KRK Expose E8b, Klein and Hummel 0300, or Genelec 8250 A?
Which of the three would you recommend? Tell me about your experiences please...

Which typical characteristics do these monitors have? Bass response? Imaging? Mids, highs?

Feel free to recommend others.

Thanks a lot! thumbsup
Old 22nd January 2009
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
That's a great list and you should demo each monitor if possible. it's really the only way to find a set that will fit your mixing tendencies.

I tried the 8250's and did not find the digital eq useful. Ended up with 8050's.
Saved a lot of $$ by not needing the eq.
Old 22nd January 2009 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
I am a big fan of the E8b and after checking out other monitors, those were best suited to my style and my room, and what I want to hear in a monitor.

I can mix for extended periods with zero ear fatigue and their imagining is second to none!

I have never heard the K+H, but I can tell you I like the E8b's way better than the Genelecs, which I find too bright for my taste.

Before my E8bs I used a pair of original (Yellow inverse dome tweetered) E8's and the E8b was the 1st monitor to woo me away from them.

I do agree though that you should some how demo a few different models in "YOUR" room, not a show room or other studio, to see what best floats your boat.

XJ
Old 22nd January 2009
Gear Addict

🎧 15 years
You are going to love the K+H 0300s ...
📝 Reply