MCI JH24 rewind problem - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
MCI JH24 rewind problem
Old 22nd January 2009
Here for the gear

๐ŸŽง 10 years
MCI JH24 rewind problem

Hi all.

Wanted to ask opinions on my JH24 problem...it is stuck in rewind. While shuttling tape one day it got stuck (and has remained stuck) in rewind mode. Had been using the deck for several hours when this happened. Have tried powering down, unplugging the power, cleaning transport card contacts (no red sockets), no luck. I don't have a logic annunciator board. Also, I do not have my autolocator hooked up to the JH24 (nor was it hooked up when it originally got stuck). I have searched for other threads with my problem and found one on a fast forward issue...I will try a couple of things posted there. But if anyone has dealt with this specific problem, any suggestions of things to try would be greatly appreciated. Thanks,

Dave
Old 26th January 2009
Here for the gear

๐ŸŽง 10 years
Have all the tape guru's "left the building"?
Old 27th January 2009 | Show parent
Lives for gear

๐ŸŽง 15 years
Check the power regulators in the transport power supply. They're cheap transistors and can either save or ruin your life depending on whether or not they're doing their job.

You might want to talk to Randy Blevins' shop in Nashville. They know as much or more about those machines than anyone.
Old 28th January 2009 | Show parent
Here for the gear

๐ŸŽง 10 years
Thanks for the info. I appreciate the reply.
๐Ÿ“ Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…