Apogee Rosetta200 and MOTUmk3 signalpath - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Apogee Rosetta200 and MOTUmk3 signalpath
Old 22nd January 2009
Here for the gear

🎧 10 years
Apogee Rosetta200 and MOTUmk3 signalpath

Hi,

...maybe its too obvious to lot a you guys here but my question would be that if im useing MOTU mk3 as my interface should i buy Apogee 200 to get better results? If yes then how they sould be connected?

do this 2 make any sence

1 for example recording: mic-to-preamp-to-yamaha01mixer-to-apogee to motu

2 for mixing daw-motu-apogee-yamaha01mixer(with outboard compressors)-apogge-motu

and do this signalpath need BigBen or some sort of clock?

thanks a lot!thumbsup
Old 22nd January 2009
70% Coffee, 30% Beer

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by critikal ➑️
Hi,

...maybe its too obvious to lot a you guys here but my question would be that if im useing MOTU mk3 as my interface should i buy Apogee 200 to get better results? If yes then how they sould be connected?

do this 2 make any sence

1 for example recording: mic-to-preamp-to-yamaha01mixer-to-apogee to motu

2 for mixing daw-motu-apogee-yamaha01mixer(with outboard compressors)-apogge-motu

and do this signalpath need BigBen or some sort of clock?
thanks a lot!thumbsup
I think the R200 is a better converter, as it has the features you would expect a mastering style converter to offer. You don't need a master clock, as the R200 features Word Sync and will make a lot of other converters sound slightly clearer in my experience. I think its much deeper sounding than the Motu stuff, as it has better analog electronics and LESS crap in the path, but YMMV. It looks like you've got the signal path covered.
Old 22nd January 2009 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Use the Rosetta 200 as the master clock and slave the motu and the yamaha. The motu will still act as your main interface in your daw. Apogee has connection diagrams on their website for R 200/800 and you could aslo try giving them a call.

Mic pre - Rosetta 200- (Spdf or optical) to motu
Here for the gear

🎧 10 years
Thank you guys! That i was thinking that does Apogee help me in such a signalpath as i posted. Does it make any difference if ill add it. Cheers!

But one more question. For example if i whant add EL Fatso Jr. or Tubetech to my DAW mix , is it better if i use it within MOTU (MOTUstereo out to Fatso and Fatso out back to MOTU)

OR

Would it be better if i insert them in Yamaha01 mixer witch comes after apogee

?

thanks!
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Dude... you sure you're in the right forum? (MOTU 828)

AFAIK, unless you have top-notch facilities (pro room treatment, high-end monitors) and oh yes... golden ears, you most likely won't hear a difference between those converters. Keep in mind you're asking these questions to guys who DO have the facility and clients to support such high-end gear.

Just sayin'.... do your research or el$e...
Old 23rd January 2009 | Show parent
Here for the gear

🎧 10 years
Jep sorry, ...maybe im in wrong forum.

Im just buildig 2nd studio (pro room treatment, high-end monitors etc.) and it'll be first time i thought buying ad/da converters. I was just asking you guys what u suggest. Is Apogee go or not? Should i change the MOTU for some other interface?

thanks alot
πŸ“ Reply