MC77 Issue - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
MC77 Issue
Old 22nd January 2009
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
MC77 Issue

Hey folks,
My MC77 is quite noisy unless I engage the "insert" switch. Comments?
Old 22nd January 2009
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
I'd just call andrew...
Old 22nd January 2009 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
right right, i'll call andrew in the morning.

but for now? thoughts?
Gear Addict

🎧 15 years
sounds like a wiring problem that could be as much your mistake as a wiring flaw in the unit. i would really check that before openly suggesting something's wrong with a great piece of gear.

tom

analoghaus :: studio label verlag - home
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
I think he was just inquiring into whether or not anybody else felt that theirs was noisy. He didn't say "this unit sucks."

Anyhow. I have an MC77 and love it. I can't imagine not having it! That being said, I do notice that the output is noisier than many other pieces of outboard that I have. I gate it at mix.
If yours is really noisy, I'm sure Andrew can help you sort it out. Wiring is pretty straight forward with this unit, so I'd be surprised is that is the issue. But who knows?
I just figured it was the nature of a vintage design.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Reel Thing ➑️
sounds like a wiring problem that could be as much your mistake as a wiring flaw in the unit. i would really check that before openly suggesting something's wrong with a great piece of gear.

tom

analoghaus :: studio label verlag - home

Wow! I didn't even suggest that it was a problem! But you are right...it could be a mistake in wiring on my part. But it isn't.

It is the noisiest piece in my rack, but it still rocks! I couldn't imagine not having it either, Eli-173. I also figured out why it is quiter when I engage the instert button, but I think I'll keep the answer to myself.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by strewnshank ➑️
Wow! I didn't even suggest that it was a problem! But you are right...it could be a mistake in wiring on my part. But it isn't.

It is the noisiest piece in my rack, but it still rocks! I couldn't imagine not having it either, Eli-173. I also figured out why it is quiter when I engage the instert button, but I think I'll keep the answer to myself.
I've got two, and they're not noisy at all. So I think your unit, along with Eli-173's have issues. Weird.
πŸ“ Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…