Quantcast
Does anyone remember the Manley Baby Cardioid? - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Does anyone remember the Manley Baby Cardioid?
Old 29th March 2003
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Does anyone remember the Manley Baby Cardioid?

I was just on Manley's mausoleum page and came across this mic. Is it just me or does this thing look really cute!? Did anyone ever use this mic?
Old 31st March 2003
Gear Nut

🎧 15 years
Well, there's next to nothing about it on RAP, and I've never known anyone who used it, but I was wondering the same thing myself a while ago, as manley's UK dealer still have a couple in stock for 750 sterling ($1100/1200). Might be worth checking out

Anyone have more info on this mic?
Old 31st March 2003
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Yeah, I saw that too! I'm looking for some really amazing acoustic guitar/grand piano mics and these just struck me. I was thinking about a Stephen Paul modded 452 pair like Wurly's got, as I'm sure they're totally out of control, but I don't nkow how long I can wait for the SP team to get them to me.
Old 31st March 2003
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Portland Oregon piano player Michael Allen Harrison used a pair on some pretty nice piano recordings. I saw one of these mics go on ebay for about $700 a month or so ago. I was tempted.
Old 31st March 2003
Gear Nut

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally posted by BattleAngel
I was thinking about a Stephen Paul modded 452 pair like Wurly's got, as I'm sure they're totally out of control, but I don't nkow how long I can wait for the SP team to get them to me.
Oooooo I know that feeling when the gear habit demands to be fed...Have heard that the SPA mods are meant to be great, but soo slow. Maybe eveanna can give you some info on the baby cardioid?

In the meantime, I'm checking ebay germany for some km5x's (neumanns are always much cheaper there, tip tip)
Old 31st March 2003
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
good call, mad. Let me know your findings on the Neumanns!
πŸ“ Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…