Quantcast
EMES BLACK TV HR ACTIVES - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
EMES BLACK TV HR ACTIVES
Old 14th March 2003
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
EMES BLACK TV HR ACTIVES

anybody out there hear these? what did you think of them?
Old 15th March 2003
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
I have a friend who has the EMES Blue HR active series in his studio. He raves about them and does a great mixing job on them. I haven't yet worked on EMES speakers yet but the ones I heard simply sounded amazing on a finished mix. Can't realy say more then that.
Old 15th March 2003
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
cool, i jsut bought a pair,, so i'll let you know around tuesday how i like them. thanks for your response.
Old 20th March 2003
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
I bought mine from eastcoastmusic.com and they offered me a very very good deal, wink wink. After a few hours of playing all my favorites on these and remastering a few of my own songs - i'm convinced that they offer the best stereo imaging i've heard in any pair of nearfields period. they are very flat with good bass extending all the way to about 60hz or so before breaking up and the sound is delivered nice and clear even with playing the volumes just below clipping level. I found the high end to be a little too peircing but blamed this on my rooms acoustics and the fact thhat i'm very close to a corner and my monitors are in front of a window - using the dip switches on the hi-end filter & setting it at -2db seems to have fixed everything up. I'm really impressed with the coaxial design and mixing/mastering my songs has become a joyous process. Perhaps this is becuase sounds are now truly reaching my ear on phase? In the manual they explain that the human brain compensates for when sounds are off phase and that after an extended period of time this compensation creates extreme fatigue,, the coaxial design of these supposedly eliminates the phase problems encountered in traditional speaker design. i dunno if i'm having such a ball mixing because now things are on phase - but either way these monitors are some of the easiest to sit in front of for long sessions that i know of - you almost forget the sound is coming from 2 speakers,, very natural all in all. My only complaint is that one of the speakers dampening in the back seems to have come loose in shipping and i sure as hell don't want to open the cabinet and void my warranty to re-fasten it. I emailed them yesterday hopefully they will offer me a solution soon. I haven't heard ADAMs yet - but i'd sure like to match these blacks up against the p-11a's and see which wins. Because this monitor has beat every other active nearfield i have heard in this pricerange. I've heard all the majors: HHB, genelec, krk, mackie, tannoy, event you name em.
Old 9th March 2013
Gear Nut

🎧 5 years
Hi DanV
10 years after, are you still happy with the EMES ?
I never heard about these monitors before and they are still occulted in comparison with the great names : Adam, Dynaudio, Genelec, Focal....

Can you work with them at vey low levels (in case of neighborhood problems) without loosing informations ?

I 'm very interested by the PSI monitors (A14M or A17M) but they are expensive !

Thanks in advance for the feedback
πŸ“ Reply