Quantcast
programmable patch solutions - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
programmable patch solutions
Old 13th March 2003
Lives for gear

๐ŸŽง 15 years
programmable patch solutions

What is out there that is programmable / stackable / linkable / offers software controlable programming solutions with recall possibilities.

The idea for the new studio is to have one HUGE analog patch in the machine room ... remote controlable with software.

All mic lines / ins / outs / whatever needs to be connected to whatever will be hooked up to it.

It needs to offer expanding possibilities.

It needs to be fully remote controlable.

It needs to have programming options for standard setups / custom setups.

It needs to be able to recall any connection setup in a split second.

Why ? Because we're 2003 and I hate it when I walk into the control room and my partner has decided to repatch everything and I forgot to write everything down the night before.

Professional solutions ? / thoughts ? / pro's and cons ? / discuss please.
Old 14th March 2003
Lives for gear

๐ŸŽง 15 years
Wow hardware like that would be real cool Chris. Does it exist?
Old 14th March 2003
Lives for gear

๐ŸŽง 15 years
That thing is really f'ing cool.
Old 15th March 2003
Lives for gear

๐ŸŽง 15 years
hmmm ... the CM labs looks like a step in the right direction.

any alternatives ???
Old 16th March 2003
Gear Maniac

๐ŸŽง 15 years
Quote:
Originally posted by C.Lambrechts
hmmm ... the CM labs looks like a step in the right direction.

any alternatives ???
You bet!

At Funky-Junk Sweden they have a used programmable patching system that was made by Akai Professional (don't get fooled by the name, this is really good stuff). System consist of a remote panel (size similar to an Alesis BRC, removable rack ears), breakout boxes + cables, CRT monitor, mainframes to wich all parts are connected. The system also supports midi and time code (generator/reader built in). The build quality is incredible.

I don't know how much they want from this system but I'm pretty sure that it will not cost much as very few people seem to understand what it is. When this system was originally purchased (by a friend of mine) it was extremely expensive, then I bought it used and had it for a couple of years before trading it to FJ as part of another deal. It was in perfect working condition when I stopped using it.

I believe that Akai targeted this system for TV broadcasting networks (they also offered video signal patching modules as part of the system, I believe those can handle digital as well).

/Mats
๐Ÿ“ Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…