Quantcast
pro control edit pack..what do we think? - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
pro control edit pack..what do we think?
Old 8th March 2003
Gear Head

🎧 15 years
pro control edit pack..what do we think?

Hey guys,
what are some opinions on the pro control edit pack?
seems to me to be a bit on the high side $$$, however it seems to also be a great unit.
I am sure it will be incorporated in the pro control II, by the way this will be anounced the day after I purchase my edit pack (or 31 days just past any return exchange program).

But it seems to me a pro control with 1 or 2 fader packs and an edit pack should keep me working well into the near future, even if the ptII does come to be.

Let me know your thoughts.

Thanks,
Renshen

*I've searched this topic and only found a few mentions, so I am asking for more input
Old 8th March 2003
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
I love my editpack .... couldn't live without it anymore. It is one of those things , you try to justify the price for a couple of years first and then one day you crack ... you buy it. And after that you still try to justify the price ... but you love it too much to worry about it.

The pro's are all there ... nothing but positive things. Even without doing surround (I've done only 2 projects I've used it on over the last year and wouldn't have liked missing those joysticks ... they're great). The integrated keyboard ofcourse is the main used tool. And the trackball. Small at first (after having used a large kensington for years) but gotten used to it and I like it now.
And then there's all the direct access buttons like BTD / New track / track height buttons / duplicate / midi function windows like quantise etc ... / in - out buttons / input monitoring ... to name but the most used.

The con's ... only one for me : the price ... it is simply too expensive.
Old 8th March 2003
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
"The con's ... only one for me : the price ... it is simply too expensive."

And you still bought it!.

Chris, you're a gear slut!

Stefan Nowak

PS. I want one
Old 8th March 2003
Founder

We like it
We understand just how useful TWO joysticks are for surround